WTB: JBL 052TI Tweeters

Item: JBL 052TI tweeters
Price Range: ?

Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info:

Hi Guys. Recently received, in awesome condition, a pair of JBL 4412A speakers. Unfortunately one of the tweeters have blown and the other has had its diaphragm pushed in a little. Looking for at lease one replacement, but 2 would be ideal. Please let me know if you have a one or a pair to sell.  I'm keen to get these JBLs working again to gift a good friend with them.

Cheers!

Edited by audioaddict78

On 25/12/2020 at 10:57 AM, audioaddict78 said:

Item: JBL 052TI tweeters
Price Range: ?

Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info:

Hi Guys. Recently received, in awesome condition, a pair of JBL 4412A speakers. Unfortunately one of the tweeters have blown and the other has had its diaphragm pushed in a little. Looking for at lease one replacement, but 2 would be ideal. Please let me know if you have a one or a pair to sell.  I'm keen to get these JBLs working again to gift a good friend with them.

Cheers!

I would be taking the tweeter to a tech before buying a replacement. I have never seen a 052ti/035ti actually burnout. 95% sure it would be the voice coil lead wire has perished between the coil and the binding posts on the tweeter. A 5-10 minute fix for someone competent.

Edited by kelossus

2 hours ago, kelossus said:

I would be taking the tweeter to a tech before buying a replacement. I have never seen a 052ti/035ti actually burnout. 95% sure it would be the voice coil lead wire has perished between the coil and the binding posts on the tweeter. A 5-10 minute fix for someone competent.

Thanks for advice. I thought the same thing, but had a look and the voice coil has been blackened in part and burnt out-- previous owner did a good number on it!

Edited by audioaddict78
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, audioaddict78 said:

Thanks for advice. I thought the same thing, but had a look and the voice coil has been blackened in part and burnt out-- previous owner did a good number on it!

Awww that sucks. The one that is pushed in, if you have taken it apart have you tried to push the dome out from the back? They will usually pop back into place with barely, if any, crinkling remaining. The smooth diaphragm 052ti does not push out as well but should come back to 90%. Replacing the foam under the diaphragm would be a worthwhile undertaking. Every pair of 052/035ti would have perished foam by now.

Best of luck with your such mate and I think Ebay USA or Japan may be your best bet.

Edited by kelossus

1 hour ago, kelossus said:

Awww that sucks. The one that is pushed in, if you have taken it apart have you tried to push the dome out from the back? They will usually pop back into place with barely, if any, crinkling remaining. The smooth diaphragm 052ti does not push out as well but should come back to 90%. Replacing the foam under the diaphragm would be a worthwhile undertaking. Every pair of 052/035ti would have perished foam by now.

Best of luck with your such mate and I think Ebay USA or Japan may be your best bet.

Thanks Mate. will give it a go regarding popping back the diaphragm.

Have you heard if these are any good?

https://www.simplyspeakers.com/replacement-speaker-jbl-tweeter-t-035tia.html

another question  - Are the 035TI electrically the same as the 052Ti? no fiddling with crossovers?

Edited by audioaddict78

39 minutes ago, audioaddict78 said:

Thanks Mate. will give it a go regarding popping back the diaphragm.

Have you heard if these are any good?

https://www.simplyspeakers.com/replacement-speaker-jbl-tweeter-t-035tia.html

another question  - Are the 035TI electrically the same as the 052Ti? no fiddling with crossovers?

The spade connectors on the rear of the tweeter may vary in type and orientation but elecrtically they are interchangeable. The differing spade orientation may foul with the pre cut check outs in your baffle so some minor modifying may be required,

I would not buy an aftermarket replacement like the Simply Speaker model. Keep them legacy and buy OEM parts.

Edited by kelossus

Just now, kelossus said:

The spade connectors on the rear of the tweeter may vary between the various model but they are drop in replacements. Some of the models have the spades in different places so the pre cut check out in your baffle may foul. Nothing some very minor modifications won't fix.

I would not buy an aftermarket replacement like the Simply Speaker model. Keep them legacy and buy OEM parts.

15 minutes ago, kelossus said:

The spade connectors on the rear of the tweeter may vary in type and orientation but elecrtically they are interchangeable. The differing spade orientation may foul with the pre cut check outs in your baffle so some minor modifying may be required,

Thanks Chris for all your help,

Blaine

9 hours ago, Telecine said:

Thanks for the link,

I ended up going for the Simply Speakers variety. Price was good and not heard bad about them. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, audioaddict78 said:

Thanks for the link,

I ended up going for the Simply Speakers variety. Price was good and not heard bad about them. 

Would be interested in how they perform. Did you get the soft or metal dome variety?