SOLD: FS: Pioneer exclusive s-955 speakers , tad drivers

Item Condition: 8/10 all drivers mint,
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Lorne
State: VIC
Payment Method: Paypal , ETF, cash
Reason for selling: No space in the house

Further information:

Up for sale regrettably are my pioneer exclusive s-955's , these are very rare and amazing speakers , these are 47kg and made of birch ply with rosewood vaneer , they have a 15" tad bass driver with a ceramic coated pulp cone and recently replaced cloth suspensions,  these things dig deep in the bass and are clean and powerful , the magnet assemblies are huge ! The midrange is a pure beryllium done with a free edge design like a goodmans axiom 80 , to stop sound coming mostly from the edge of the diaphram , it also makes this driver much faster , they also use elastomer wires to allow the diaphragm to slightly twist and it moves which is naturally what the coil wants to do to a degree so this offers lower resistance,  the tweeter is a pure beryllium ribbon with dual alnico 7 magnets , it can extend to 120khz and is very airy , the diaphragm only weighs in a 9mg , all drivers are mint and original , cabinets are not chipped , laqour on the vaneer has signs of age but still looks amazing and if you oil them you cant tell , the grills need new cloth but I never run with them in anyway , they have the original cp105 stands as well

pickup only due to rarity and weight 
Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

20201225_093820.jpg

20201225_093655.jpg

20201225_093520.jpg

20201225_093525.jpg

20201225_093533.jpg

20201225_093547.jpg

20201225_093558.jpg

20201225_093623.jpg

20201225_093628.jpg

20201225_093630.jpg

20201225_093638.jpg

20201225_093655.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Someone is going to dump all their modern speakers once they hear these. Best sound for the $$$. I have the CS 955s and hope and pray I will never sell them. These have better specifications. Someone grab them before I give in to my buying OCD. Excellent seller to deal with. Buy with confidence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys for the compliments, these truly are a unknown masterpiece! Anyone in the market for ns2000's would definitely like these big boys 

• Like 1

On 26/12/2020 at 1:55 PM, Lx4man said:

Thanks guys for the compliments, these truly are a unknown masterpiece! Anyone in the market for ns2000's would definitely like these big boys 

Really nice speakers...!!... Owned CS955 few years back. 

GLWTS

Edited by Guest

Hi, I also have these speakers and can confirm they are very special. I imported them directly from Japan through HiFiDo with only the info on vintageknob to go by. So it was something of a gamble but I've glad I took the chance.

However, my pair came without the dedicated CP-105 stands and I've been searching for these ever since, so far without any luck. Would you consider selling yours separately and shipping them to Europe? I would be most grateful. Thanks, hans

Fantastic speakers,

I owed these for few years and then moved to the version III

Soundstage is amazing and very detailed and yes bass goes down to 28hz and will shake walls

I would just make a note that the ribbon tweeters on those are in fact the RT-7A and are aluminium, beryllium was used on the RT-7III tweeter which is on the next series S-955III. Midrange is indeed very special and beryllium. Speakers are made in a way for absolute phase. They will not even play if you connect with the wrong side (L to R)

Also the crossover has connections that bypass the internal crossover if you happen to have an external crossover lying around. Very handy feature which you can use to drive the woofer with solid state amplification and tubes for mid/high

Very very detailed speakers efficient and don't need a megawatt amp to extract and convey beautiful music. I will never part with mine unless a TAD model happens to come my way 

• Thanks 1

On 26/12/2020 at 1:55 PM, Lx4man said:

Being in the same price range of the 

Ns2000’s how do they compare? 

9 hours ago, romekaff said:

Being in the same price range of the 

Ns2000’s how do they compare? 

I loved my ns2000's but I sold them before I even considered selling these.... subjective I know