Hey guys! I've just finished setting up my speakers in my home theatre and only one speaker (rear right) is making a hum sound which is driving me crazy. All the others are fine and hum-less. The hum stops when I disconnect the cables to that speaker from the receiver. It's a denon x2500h receiver and dali zensor speakers. Is it a receiver fault, speaker fault, or something in the cabling to that speaker? Cables are in wall.

My first suggestion would be to plug the cables going to the speaker with the hum into another speaker.  That will eliminate the speaker being at fault 

So I've already swapped over cables from another speaker from amp to wall and from wall to speaker and still hums. But that gives me an idea, I might try swapping RL and RR speakers. If still there, I'll plug speaker directly in to amp and try each it on both rear channels, bypassing the in wall cables.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Nikym81 said:

So I've already swapped over cables from another speaker from amp to wall and from wall to speaker and still hums. But that gives me an idea, I might try swapping RL and RR speakers. If still there, I'll plug speaker directly in to amp and try each it on both rear channels, bypassing the in wall cables.

Process of elimination mate. Sounds like you're onto it though. Those hums are quite annoying and once you know it's there, it's like a scab. Good luck on your quest.