Testing Black Diamond nude elliptical AT95 stylus (finally)

I while ago I bought two Black Diamond nude elliptical styluses.  One for AT3600 and one for AT95.  The 3600 stylus has been in use for a while now, but I only just set up the new system that I bought the AT95 stylus for.   The turntable is a very basic Project Essential II.  The rest of the system details are   12AX7 based phono preamp (similar to the Cornet from Hagerman), into a 6SN7 and 6V6 triode-wired SET amp, into Fostex 8" full-range speakers in TQWT enclosures.

Bottom line, after just 2 records, I am sold on this new stylus.    It has detail to rival the $300 VM95ML in my main system.   It loses none of the original AT95E sound, just tightens and clarifies everything.  What a bargain these styluses are (at about $60).  

Has me now thinking of hot-rodding an AT95 further with wooden body etc...  maybe.

3 hours ago, Citroen said:

I'm in NZ. Any online seller?

You have a PM,

Just be aware the black diamond are great stylus but there were some QC issues (hopefully sorted I will know when my next order arrives) so in the mean time I have been individually checking every one under the microscope and checking alignment, those that were not up to standard I returned to the manufacturer. Not every seller will be checking under a microscope for alignment so whoever you buy from make sure they are.

Chris 

• Like 1

AV.... keen to follow your wooden body mod for the AT95e and keen to hear whether the mod ‘transforms’ it.  I have the LP Gear CF95SE but unopened because I am running the CF3600LE eliptical on the ubiquituous AT3600L, which is very ‘lively and detailed’ but i cam detect a lack if refinement at the top end. i get to compare it with a Garrott p77i which is not ‘lively’ but very smooth on theand refined on treble. If both aspects can merge.....:)