FS: LUXMAN A522 Turntable/ Grace G-707 Arm/Denon DL-103 MC Cartridge

Item Condition: Beautiful clean condition apart from some scratching to the lid. Operationally perfect.
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Ivanhoe East
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer or Paypal
Reason for selling: FAR too many turntables

Further information: A superb example of this rare model, with classic looks but serviced and upgraded to current audiophile standards by turntable maestro Rick Powell.

Adjusted for optimum performance with correct VTA, azimuth, overhang, offset angle, tracking force and bias correction under test conditions. Refurbishment of all electrical contacts and cabling, horizontal and vertical relocation of the arm via the locking collar and realigning the bearing has resulted in the best performing example of this combination you will find. It will certainly surpass more expensive units that are not fully optimised. In particular, the amount of resolved detail from this excellent MC cartridge is exceptional.  

Considering the current RRP of the cartridge and the market value of the turntable and tonearm separately, this combination not only works well together but is a steal at the price!

Donation to SNA on sale.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

IMG_2091.JPG

IMG_2093.JPG

IMG_2092.JPG

IMG_2094.JPG

• Like 2

Hi Zsolt the Hun

Thanks for the offer, but it would be sacrilege to split the combination, particularly after so much care has been taken to fine tune it. Rick's setups are far more precise than streetfront dealers or typical audiophiles can achieve without outside help, from my experience.

Edited by Audionerd
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Audionerd said:

Hi Zsolt the Hun

Thanks for the offer, but it would be sacrilege to split the combination, particularly after so much care has been taken to fine tune it. Rick's setups are far more precise than streetfront dealers or typical audiophiles can achieve without outside help, from my experience.

Hi Audionerd,

I completely understand you, this is just a plan B if someone is keen to take the turntable, but not the cartridge.

Cheers,

Zsolt

No worries Zsolt.

Personally I can't understand why this combo hasn't sold yet.

In terms of value, it has the brand pedigree of Luxman and a classic arm, with a superior and much more expensive cartridge than any I've seen on  other examples of this model, which typically are advertised at a higher price than this.

On top of that, it's been serviced and set up by Melbourne's, if not Australia's, leading turntable technician!

Am I doing something wrong?

A member once suggested that my photos could be improved. I haven't gone to more trouble than using my old iPhone, and don't plan to develop photographic skills. I figure anyone serious can easily see what things look like from much better photos on the net than I'll ever be able to take. 

I'm only talking about values. 

Luxman have always been marketed as a premium brand, with their turntables selling for more than older Regas.

The rarity factor as well as different styling should also add value, even if manufactured for them by Rega.

Audionerd, certainly a stunning example,but, regardless of brand and pedigree, the value of the item is only worth what someone is willing to pay, many items have been kept by people who are not prepared to sell for less than their perceived value, if they want to move it on the price needs to be reevaluated