Cymer Amps - ELSON SILVA

I ordered an amp from Elson in early 2018 and it was delivered within two weeks.  However, when I contacted him in early 2019 about some modifications, I got the distinct impression that he wasn't actively making amps any more and was looking to retire.  He is, after all, getting on like many of us.

I don't have his contact details any more, but surely someone here does.  You could contact some hi fi shops in Sydney to see  if anyone knows what he is up to.  However I think it is instructive that AFAIK, no-one has mentioned buying a Cymer amp for some time.

2 minutes ago, MrRogers said:

Elson is still making amplifiers and preamplifiers. He released an all new design preamp only last week. 

How do we find out about his these things? Is there a website or mailing list available?

Edited by Willmax

1 hour ago, MrRogers said:

Email is best. Send me a PM.

Why can't you post details here?  If Elson has 'released an all-new design' then presumably he would like some publicity for it?  Why does someone have to go through you to get his contact details?

1 hour ago, MrRogers said:

It’s a full preamp with phono stage and a seperate power supply. 12AX7 valves. Stunning sound.

Do you have one or have you heard it?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bronal said:

Why can't you post details here?  If Elson has 'released an all-new design' then presumably he would like some publicity for it?  Why does someone have to go through you to get his contact details?

Do you have one or have you heard it?

I think a PM is best - not many people would like their details published on a public access website.

I am keen to check I have Elson's latest contact details so I might also drop a line:) 

• Like 1