Kef Concerto - Need some advice

Hi Everyone,

My father had as part of his estate among a hoard of other hifi gear that is now gone a set of Kef Concerto speakers.

Unfortunately we dont have the room for them so need to sell them and looking for a price guideIMG_9948.thumb.jpg.1f266a83fbda311c2b30d5870e09d3b3.jpgshould list them for.

Thanks for the help.

Brett

IMG_9951.jpg

Edited by brettwils
Didnt finish sentence

They have Concerto components but they're not factory Concerto boxes.  They appear to be DIY cabinets. 

Edited by Peter_F

Agree, they seem non standard cabinets.

this combination of drivers was very popular in the 70’s/80’s. I built some transmission line speakers with a similar speaker complement in that period.

Edited by mjs

3 minutes ago, mjs said:

Agree, they seem non standard cabinets.

this combination of drivers was very popular in the 70’s/80’s. I built some transmission line speakers with a similar speaker complement in that period.

I do remember him mentioning something about transmission speakers when i was growing up as they were in a very tall speaker that almost reached the ceiling.

On 22/12/2020 at 12:36 AM, Snapper() said:

I just sold mine (not as good condition) for $350. Anything between $350 - $450

From what I've been told, Aus/NZ the speakers were sent out as a 'kefkit' (speakers/baffle/Xover) and boxes were manufactured 'locally' (shipping costs etc). Mine (Concerto's) are even quirkier, whoever made them actually mirror imaged them, which I've never seen in concerto's before.