SOLD: FS: Vitus SIA 030

SOLD
Item Condition: 10/10
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Marrickville
State: NSW
Payment Method: Cash, EFT Paypal add 3% - Credit Card
Reason for selling: Upgrade Upgrade Upgrade

Further information: 

For sale is the Vitus SIA-030. It's 6 months old and was purchased brand new in Australia. Still under factory warranty.  

Retailing in aus for close to sixty five K!

I'm asking half price! 

This is the finest integrated amplifier I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. It's so good in fact that the unit is being sold on due to upgrading to Pre-Power! 
What's the only possible thing better than a Vitus Integrated? 

Although this has been only something to get me through while I await my power amps which have been on holiday for upgrades overseas since prior to the pandemic. 

It's undeniably the best sound you'll hear, it is surprisingly cool considering it's class A and it will power just about any speaker. 
I'd used this baby with 86 DB two way speakers in large rooms and it didn't skip a beat. 
The unit comes in its original box and can travel anywhere in the world. It's power supply is rated 230v. It weighs a tonne though so please keep in mind that shipping won't be cheap. 
Depending on timing this will likely cost around $500-1k to ship.
This beauty only just was released at the Munich high end show in 2019 and it sold out quickly around the world. This will have a long lifespan and it's pretty much brand spanking new.
PLUS - it's 63kg 

Some notes from Positive Feedback

SUMMARY

All the features I discussed are presented at a very high level. It's a proper high-end device. It is also clearly a custom proposition, different from what one can hear with other amplifiers from such brands as McIntosh, Soulution, or Ancient Audio, closer to what—for example—Dan D'Agostino and Kondo propose. I do not distinguish tube and solid-state devices on purpose. Each of them has something special to offer, but in top high-end class they have more in common than you might think.

The SIA-030 is relatively small by super-integrated standards, and yet it executes a perfect control over speakers, not only when in AB class, but also in the A class operation. The AB class allows you to play in large rooms with difficult speakers. But class A is more natural and credible. And that's good—this is about choice. Because SIA-030 is a fantastically equipped integrated amplifier with beautiful sound. It's the best integrated amplifier, maybe next to the Soulution 530 I've ever heard. Our highest GOLD Fingerprint award is just a formality, despite the fact that the SIA-030 is one of the cheapest (!) amplifiers from this manufacturer.

DESIGN

SIA-030 is a stereo integrated amplifier, that belongs to the "Signature" series. The company offers its components divided into four series. It starts with "Reference," then there is "Signature," then "Masterpiece," and finally "Design Studio Series." Products from the latter have not yet been presented, it's a project that have been developed for many years by Hans Ole and once ready the components from this line will be produced upon order.

Technique

I described the appearance of the tested amplifier in the introduction, now let me just add that the sides of the device are actually huge heat-sinks. PCBs with output stages and transistors are bolted to the heat-sinks on the inside In this way, the left and right channels are far apart, which reduces crosstalk. As many as six complementary pairs of transistors work there, but not all of them operate in the same way. As the owner of Vitus told me, this is his original idea, which took him ten minutes to come up, and then a year to implement.

The difference I'm talking about is part of the idea for two modes of operation—"Classic" and "Rock." In the former the amplifier works with only one complementary pair of transistors per channel. This simplifies the design and counteracts the creation of a feedback impulse from the transistors (transistors inside the housing resemble a coil, and the coil's characteristic feature is that after we feed it a signal, some of it goes back towards the source). The other two pairs operate as a trans-impedance section, or current source. After switching to the "Rock" mode, which takes several seconds, before the parameters of the transistors are established, they are configured as a classic push-pull amplifier with three parallel pairs of transistors. And that's the whole secret. Let's add that these are bipolar transistors, complementary pairs of 2SA1216 + 2SC2922.

Technical specifications (according to manufacturer)

•  
  • Nominal output (class A/class AB): 30/200 W/8 Ω
  • Frequency range: DC-800 kHz
  • Input sensitivity: 2/4/8 Vrms
  • Input impedance (RCA | XLR): 10 kΩ | 10 kΩ
  • S/N ratio: > 120 dB
  • THD + N: < 0.01%
  • Power consumption: standby: < 2.5 W | class AB: 100 W | class A: 175 W
  • Dimensions (H x W x D): 268 x 435 x 530 mm
  • Weight: approximately 63 kg

Photos:

v1.jpg