Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Melbourne (Northern Suburbs)
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash on Pickup/EFT
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:

I have finally decided to part ways with my Sony XA5ES CD player. I am the original owner. It has worked flawlessly for me over the years and still continues to do so. It and its older brother XA7ES, to this day, are very highly regarded and sought after.

It oozes quality and is built like a tank. It weighs a hefty 13.5kg!! The CD tray mechanism with its puck works a treat. Use it as a standalone CDP or as a transport connected to your favourite DAC – you won’t be disappointed. Hard to beat this quality and build for the price!

I am fastidious with my audio equipment (read anal) and so this CDP presents in excellent condition – no marks or scratches to note (see photos).

Unfortunately I don’t have the box so preference (initially) will be given to a local pickup.

Cheers

4D2660B9-905C-4113-918E-E568171B321E.thumb.jpeg.79d0ef31981d518299eb5aca9a0016bc.jpeg

05F20D61-EA10-4A03-9CD3-4E175D89C82A.thumb.jpeg.84d3b0d4a480ae73bfe31827ae8feecb.jpeg

696BC9D0-9C43-4737-9DC5-12404CAB7B5C.thumb.jpeg.323f4e182e1751aa20862f14e345486b.jpeg

FDB29577-CA15-4716-9B80-C6E054FBF44E.thumb.jpeg.39e2b73f527b6451f7090d5e78b2dbed.jpeg

6178FBAA-F503-41E5-A2D3-E4BFDF29B519.thumb.jpeg.cf66626f5068ee3b6023a433512335bf.jpeg

3C7ED7B9-13EE-4E6B-B10B-A003DCA3B3A0.thumb.jpeg.d97381013232a4b25425c87cb4670eda.jpeg

9FA5FA6B-AD43-4C0E-A954-340575D70070.thumb.jpeg.2f11ccaff78e765b00faef10d1502d30.jpeg

F0288472-252A-4559-AB33-116FB4AA0C5F.thumb.jpeg.55bbb27d98ccf7891769b3b66e3a8e77.jpeg

0B856990-3C3B-434D-824A-829D68129A91.jpeg

27C8F0CF-C4DF-4DBA-8044-7079934693A4.jpeg

Edited by patjoy
update
  • Like 6

Love my XA5ES......I've owned it for around 15 years & will never part with it.........never a moment problem they really are built to last. GLWS   

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Rollen said:

Love my XA5ES......I've owned it for around 15 years & will never part with it.........never a moment problem they really are built to last. GLWS   

Very true Rollen. I too have never had one issue. You would need to spend substantially more to get this type of quality and build. If it doesn't sell I won't be fussed.

From an era when Sony was King of Consumer Electronics

the lasers were made in japan and go on for decades

not like the garbage ones made today 

i would take this over Hegel , Marantz or any other manufacturer  today in a heart beat 

Edited by Kdjjdk Will
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Rollen said:

I also have one on champagne gold for 20 years+, still going strong 

• Like 3

I loved mine when I had it. They’re an absolute cracking player and while superb as is, respond tremendously to op-amp rolling (especially Burson).

• Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By manbat
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT Reason for selling: Renovations Further information:
      Professional series -  Sony VPLW520ES Projector Bundle (latest software upgrade.) White.
      This is the native 4K deal professional series – all glass Sony lenses made in Japan, excellent reviews.
      Lamp time – 2200hrs (lap rated for 6000hrs) – Additional lamp also available
      https://www.techspot.com/products/projectors/sony-vpl-vw520es.122529/
      https://www.avforums.com/reviews/sony-vpl-vw520es-4k-projector-review.12100

What you get (bundle costs 4 times brand new)
      1.     Sony 4K VPLW520ES Projector
      2.     Screen Technics Tab Tension 110 inch screen (electric screen with remote)– I had this made to order with extra-long lead. Great screen - no striations. Mint condition.
      3.     Blue Stream - HDMI – over Ethernet kit (HEX70B-KIT) Base and Transmitter set - https://www.blustream.com.au/ Picture perfect signal over long distances, better than HDMI.
      4.     Projector mount comes from Screen Technics model PRGUNV.
      5.     Projector extender from Screen Technics.
      6.     Spare lamp (new – additional cost negotiable)
      7.     Remotes – mint condition

All purchased locally from Carlton Audio Visual CAV.  
      I am selling everything as a package. All items are mint. Pick up only.
      Serious parties only - home demonstration available.
      Strongly suggest that if purchased you get professionals to remove and reinstall at your residence.
      No boxes available – instructions and remote for projector and screen present and correct in mint condition.

**If you want this posted please arrange a professional company for removal, package, and transport.

Sony VPLVW520ES Reviews
      What Hi-Fi

A pull-out-all-the-stops performer with future-proofing to its name
      Pros:Fantastic picture all-round, HDR support, Native 4K, Future-proofed, Solid, attractive design
      Cons:No 3D glasses, A pricey option
      Home Cinema Choice
      The selling point of the VW520ES is essentially this: it gives you both a native 4K resolution – something no other brand has yet been able/bothered to manage on a home cinema projector – together with high dynamic range (HDR) playback.
      Pros:4K pictures look amazing; HDR pictures look even more amazing; good setup flexibility; good price for what’s on offer
      Stuff TV
      A future-proofed projector with a license to thrill
      Pros:Startlingly good picture all-round, HDR and 4K, Dead simple set-up
      Cons:No 3D glasses, Still a pricey option

https://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/sound-image/sony-vpl-vw520es-4k-av-projector-review-430128

Screen - Electronic Tab Tension.
      Screen Technics
      https://screentechnics.com.au/products/roller-screens/motorised-screens/electricinema-side-tension-screen 
      110 inch tab tension extra-long lead (allows to have the screen positioned lower than usual  – remote – excellent screen free of any striations.
      Blue Stream
      HDMI – over ethernet
      Projector mount comes from ScreenTecnics model PRGUNV.
      Projector extender

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Mutatis Mutandis
      Item Condition: Very good used condition; one owner Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Black Rock State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal Reason for selling: NLR + need funds for an major upgrade Further information:

One owner Audiolab 8200 CD player

More like a digital pre-amp!

Purchased by me in 2012 it was a mainstay of my system before being supplanted by a higher end CD player and one of Clay Gieseler’s premier DACs.  I recall paying something in the order of $1400-1500 for it, but not sure of the RRP at the time.  I think my offer price is a pretty good one, especially since while my newer units shaded it - I can’t say they embarrassed it in any way.  

Lots of 5 start reviews on the net; e.g. what, tech radar and dititalcinema.

I set it up with variable volume that can be controlled by the remote.  With the USB, 2 x Coax and Optical inputs it really does operate as digital pre-amp sans streaming.  I listen to DAB+ radio a lot and when using this found optical out of by DAB+radio into the Audiolab a good move.

Perfect for a starter or mid-system, second system, man-cave, shed, garage system.

I have the original box and packaging so can post or courier, though that would likely be on the Saturday after payment for work reasons.  I like the security of Paypal as a commercial transaction for the added security of buyers and seller, so the price includes the Paypal charges.    

BTW - it comes with a remote - photographed in its styrofoam pack.  I have the original box and can post.  I expect that would be in the order of $35-45 to most metro areas.

And of course will donate a few quid to SNA if sold.

Some extracts blurbs and specs follow:
      The first is from whathifi.  (I picked this not just for the positive review but as a nod to one of those odd things that hifi mags do in comparing things to much more expensive units …..why?  Anyway that aside….)
      "It’s no secret that we love the 8200CD. Since we first encountered the player in 2010, it’s won multiple awards and, until last year, was Product of the Year three times in a row.  There’s no doubt that it’s one of the best CD players we’ve tested under £1000 thanks to its effortless sonic character and musicality.
      For
          •    Clean, neutrally toned sound
          •    Exciting performer
          •    Abundance of useful features
          •    Fine build
          •    Competitive price
      Against
          •    Not as dynamically precise or driven as pricier competitors."

And from Techradar:
      “What really caught our imagination, though, was the sheer togetherness of the sound. More than anything, that seems to be the hallmark of this player. What do we mean by that.  Prosaically put, it's that there's excellent integration between different aspects of performance. That always happens in live music, but not by any means invariably in reproduced sound. Bass may be good most of the time, but becomes uncertain when the midrange gets busy, or detail may suffer at times when the treble's particularly bright.  In this case, by contrast, the firm bass just seems to get even firmer in the presence of activity higher up the band, while detail is consistently precise. As a result, music comes across with an unusually high degree of physicality….”

Some Specifications:
      Dimensions (HxWxD) in mm 75x445x330
      Frequency Response 1 20Hz - 20kHz
      THD 0.0025%
      Dynamic Range 98dB
      Output level 0.25Vrms

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By jeffers1984
      Item Condition: Used like new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Drummoyne State: NSW Payment Method: PayPal (friends and fam) cash on pickup Reason for selling: No longer required Further information:
       Selling my Sony ZX507 DAP purchased at Sony in November last year. 
      this is a great musical sounding DAP perfect for iems and low impedance headphones. You get a good taste of the Sony sound flavour with these. Includes android and access to the play store for your streaming services such as tidal, Apple Music etc. 

I have always kept it in a strong rubber protective case which I will include (see pictures) 

comes with everything including original packaging,USB c to USB a cable and the protective case

pickup from Drummoyne but can also ship at an agreed price

cheers
      Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By manbat
      Item Condition: mint Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT Reason for selling: Renovations Further information:
      Take my liver....ONO
      Still for a sale for a limited time.
      Professional series -  Sony VPLW520ES Projector Bundle (latest software upgrade.) White.
      This is the native 4K deal professional series – all glass Sony lenses made in Japan, excellent reviews.
      Lamp time – 2200hrs (lap rated for 6000hrs) – Additional lamp also available
      https://www.techspot.com/products/projectors/sony-vpl-vw520es.122529/

What you get (bundle costs 4 times brand new)
      1.     Sony 4K VPLW520ES Projector
      2.     Screen Technics Tab Tension 110 inch screen (electric screen with remote)– I had this made to order with extra-long lead. Great screen - no striations. Mint condition.
      3.     Blue Stream - HDMI – over Ethernet kit (HEX70B-KIT) Base and Transmitter set - https://www.blustream.com.au/ Picture perfect signal over long distances, better than HDMI.
      4.     Projector mount comes from Screen Technics model PRGUNV.
      5.     Projector extender from Screen Technics.
      6.     Spare lamp (new – additional cost negotiable)
      7.     Remotes – mint condition

All purchased locally from Carlton Audio Visual CAV.  
      I am selling everything as a package. All items are mint. Pick up only.
      Serious parties only - home demonstration available.
      Strongly suggest that if purchased you get professionals to remove and reinstall at your residence.
      No boxes available – instructions and remote for projector and screen present and correct in mint condition.

**If you want this posted please arrange a professional company for removal, package, and transport.

Sony VPLVW520ES Reviews
      What Hi-Fi

A pull-out-all-the-stops performer with future-proofing to its name
      Pros:Fantastic picture all-round, HDR support, Native 4K, Future-proofed, Solid, attractive design
      Cons:No 3D glasses, A pricey option
      Home Cinema Choice
      The selling point of the VW520ES is essentially this: it gives you both a native 4K resolution – something no other brand has yet been able/bothered to manage on a home cinema projector – together with high dynamic range (HDR) playback.
      Pros:4K pictures look amazing; HDR pictures look even more amazing; good setup flexibility; good price for what’s on offer
      Stuff TV
      A future-proofed projector with a license to thrill
      Pros:Startlingly good picture all-round, HDR and 4K, Dead simple set-up
      Cons:No 3D glasses, Still a pricey option

https://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/sound-image/sony-vpl-vw520es-4k-av-projector-review-430128

Screen - Electronic Tab Tension.
      Screen Technics
      https://screentechnics.com.au/products/roller-screens/motorised-screens/electricinema-side-tension-screen 
      110 inch tab tension extra-long lead (allows to have the screen positioned lower than usual  – remote – excellent screen free of any striations.
      Blue Stream
      HDMI – over ethernet
      Projector mount comes from ScreenTecnics model PRGUNV.
      Projector extender

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By Arry74
      HI

I am getting a 75" Sony Bravia XH95 installed this afternoon.

Searched the net and have only found a couple of posts on how to set it up for the best picture settings.

I know "best" is subjective and personal preference however does anyone have a good starting point guide or recommendations?

Cheers