Item: Atmos/height speakers 
Price Range: Varies
Item Condition: Used
Extra Info:

Will be wall mounted, not upfiring position. Examples below but any other similar speaker considered.

update: Will require white versions 

E.g.

SVS Prime Elevation

Dali Alteco C-1

KEF Q50a

Klipsch R-41SA

Brisbane based. Cheers

Edited by rhcp_steve
  • rhcp_steve changed the title to WTB: Atmos speakers

If you can ceiling mount then you would be better off using bookshelf speakers. 2 benefits are that they can be closer matched to your ear level speakers (or even identical - which is the ultimate) and more importantly they can be aimed directly at your Main Listening Position.

26 minutes ago, niterida said:

If you can ceiling mount then you would be better off using bookshelf speakers. 2 benefits are that they can be closer matched to your ear level speakers (or even identical - which is the ultimate) and more importantly they can be aimed directly at your Main Listening Position.

Unfortunately ceiling mount is not an option as I have vaulted ceilings. Appreciate the suggestion! 

12 minutes ago, rhcp_steve said:

Unfortunately ceiling mount is not an option as I have vaulted ceilings. Appreciate the suggestion! 

Vaulted ceilings are perfect for in-ceiling as you can get them aimed at MLP. Can you physically do in-ceilings ?

6 minutes ago, niterida said:

Vaulted ceilings are perfect for in-ceiling as you can get them aimed at MLP. Can you physically do in-ceilings ?

The slope is running from right to left in the room. I assume you mean in a room where slope is running front to back? 

13 minutes ago, rhcp_steve said:

The slope is running from right to left in the room. I assume you mean in a room where slope is running front to back? 

Either - but only if it is vaulted with a peak in the middle.

If it is just one angled slope it won't work

Just now, niterida said:

Either - but only if it is vaulted with a peak in the middle.

If it is just one angled slope it won't work

Unfortunately it’s the latter - high right to low left 

Yeah you would have to hang speakers form a really long mount on one side and a short mount on the other !!

Wall mounted it is - can you get bookshelf speakers to match your existing setup ? That would be the best option now.

13 minutes ago, niterida said:

Yeah you would have to hang speakers form a really long mount on one side and a short mount on the other !!

Wall mounted it is - can you get bookshelf speakers to match your existing setup ? That would be the best option now.

I doubt I’d get WAF approval lol. They’d need to be fitted on brackets and angled down. The speakers I’ve suggested are all designed for this application as an alternative to upward firing on top of fronts 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

6 hours ago, rhcp_steve said:

Still looking :)...

Happy to have a chat and see what we can offer on a new pair of SVS Elevations if you don't end up finding a used pair.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Steve, I've got one, possibly two pairs of Monitor Audio BX1 with wall brackets available and I'm Brisbane based. 

I did initially use them as Atmos height speakers with my MA Silver 6 fronts (which they matched pretty well) , but in the end went for the Bronze in ceiling speakers instead for a cleaner look. 

Let me know if you're interested? 

IMG_20210111_211232.jpg

IMG_20210111_212601.jpg

IMG_20210111_212530.jpg

On 22/01/2021 at 9:41 PM, BenBenBen said:

Hi Steve, I've got one, possibly two pairs of Monitor Audio BX1 with wall brackets available and I'm Brisbane based. 

I did initially use them as Atmos height speakers with my MA Silver 6 fronts (which they matched pretty well) , but in the end went for the Bronze in ceiling speakers instead for a cleaner look. 

Let me know if you're interested? 

IMG_20210111_211232.jpg

IMG_20210111_212601.jpg

IMG_20210111_212530.jpg

Hi Ben, they would be great and match my existing MA setup but I’m also after a cleaner look. Appreciate the offer though, thanks :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/12/2020 at 9:46 PM, rhcp_steve said:

Item: Atmos/height speakers 
Price Range: Varies
Item Condition: Used
Extra Info:

Will be wall mounted, not upfiring position. Examples below but any other similar speaker considered.

E.g.

SVS Prime Elevation

Dali Alteco C-1

KEF Q50a

Klipsch R-41SA

Brisbane based. Cheers

Hi Steve, are you still looking for some atmos speakers?

I have 2 pairs of Kef Q50A I'm looking to sell, they are 7 months old and in as new condition with all original packaging included. Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers

20200708_130224.jpg

20200708_125951.jpg

20200708_125920.jpg

Edited by minhbo
adding images
On 10/02/2021 at 9:39 PM, minhbo said:

Hi Steve, are you still looking for some atmos speakers?

I have 2 pairs of Kef Q50A I'm looking to sell, they are 7 months old and in as new condition with all original packaging included. Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers

20200708_130224.jpg

20200708_125951.jpg

20200708_125920.jpg

If the OP isn’t keen, I might be! Would you be happy to PM your price. I’m in Victoria which may be a bit of a PIA. 

4 hours ago, Sunwar said:

If the OP isn’t keen, I might be! Would you be happy to PM your price. I’m in Victoria which may be a bit of a PIA. 

Hey Sunwar, just sent you a PM.

10 hours ago, Sunwar said:

I am still looking but will need white speakers so unfortunately the black KEF are out otherwise they’d be perfect!

I used Radius HD90 from MA - IIRC, they come in white too.

Alternatively, if Anthony Gallo is available in your neck of the woods, try the A'Divas.

• Thanks 1

@rhcp_steve - Have you considered the Krix Tropix? They are similar to the SVS Prime Elevation and available in white for a good price new. I've recently installed a set of these in my system and they work well. Feel free to take a look at the latest post in my Build Thread here:

https://www.krix.com.au/tropix/

That’s interesting. You just reminded me I have a similar (shaped) Acoustic Research speakers lying around!! Wonder what sort of ATMOS they might provide. These used to be my surrounds 10 years ago. 

BTW I was seriously considering the Klipsch 500SA!! 

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hugo_wilco
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT cash PayPal for friends Reason for selling: NLR Further information: This is a 2.5m pair of speaker cable. Bought from KD Audio. It has WBT next Gen termination.  Please see photo they have plastic guiders but only in end and they aren’t directional. 

These sell for $2,700 so this is great value. 

see other listing for matching interconnects. 

https://www.jdaudioonline.com.au/product/carbon-8-loudspeaker-cable/

Photos:

• By richardnau
      Item Condition: Excellent used condition Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Eastwood State: NSW Payment Method: EFT, cash on pickup, PayID, Paypal Reason for selling: Remodelled home, no longer required I previously offered these speakers with a centre channel, but have now sold that separately - so this listing is just for the towers.

Tannoy's Dual Concentric heritage is well-known, and these beautiful speakers (Espresso colour =  very dark brown) feature 6" DC drivers in beautiful curve-sided cabinets. The Revolution family included a number of models (with flat sides) that were made in Tannoy's partner factory in China. As you can see from the labels, the Revolution Signature models were made in the UK.

I am selling a pair of full-size tower speakers. These feature 1 x 6" DC mid/high driver and 1 x 6" LF driver, as well as a front-facing port finished in brushed metal. These are elegant speakers, with no visible driver mounting screws, and magnetically-attached grilles. The speakers can be bi-wired, but include bridging bars for single wiring.

The speakers are fully functioning, and in great condition. One tower has some minor scratches on the top (these are just indentations in the veneer- there is no removal of colour - see photo). Spikes (never fitted) are supplied (as you can see, I have felt pads on the bottom due to the floor surface the towers were standing on).

I have original cartons for the units (the cartons have been in my ceiling, but appear to be in ok condition now that I have looked at them) - but the size and weight for each carton exceeds what Australia Post will accept as a parcel. If you want shipping, you'll need to arrange with a courier to collect and deliver to you.

I can arrange for you to listen (to confirm all working) - but the amp that I have available for this is just a little Class D module on a Raspberry Pi HAT. So it's not in the same class as the speakers, and I wouldn't really call it an audition!

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By OzJustin
      Hi all,

After persevering with a funny L-shaped theatre room for the last few years, I'm finally moving into a better room for my theatre room. This room has its own quirks but will be much closer to a rectangle and will allow me to have much better speaker placement. It's an existing living room so I'm not looking for anything radical with the design, just some advice on key points to have it work effectively for the future.

Key details:
      6.9m (length) x 5m (width) x 2.45m (height)
      One set of glass french doors on the main viewing wall, one window on the left wall, one door on the right wall, one door in the back wall, two ceiling beams running across the ceiling at the 2.5m and 5m mark with the beams dropping down approx 230mm,  oh and a funny study corner room (which actually works very well for my design which will have a fixed frame screen on castors to slide it out of the way of the french doors).
      Will be a light controlled room with black blockout curtains, but will be a light and bright living room when not in theatre use. Will be a combo of movies, tv, music and gaming.
      140" 16:9 fixed frame screen with acoustic transparent fabric
      One lounge row of seating approx 4 - 4.5m back from the screen, and perhaps some bean bags around the room as extra occassional seating.
      Currently 7.1 channel 1080P with a BenQ W1070, but am prepping the room for potentially 7.2.4 down the track with a BenQ W5700 or similar 4K projector. Will probably stay with the 140" 16:9 screen but could transition to a 180" 2.35:1 cinemascope screen down the track if I was feeling really adventurous.

Key initial questions:
      For a 4 - 4.5m viewing distance from screen, should I aim for the projector to be approx. 4.5m back from the screen (within BenQ's min and max specs for a 140" (3544 - 4608mm)? Will I be right with the lense centre point approx 20cm below the ceiling? (Noting beam no.1 drops down approx 230mm and is well in front of the projector). I propose for the top of screen to be approx 350 - 450mm below the ceiling line when in position. If I run 4 x Atmos speakers in the ceiling in future (leaning towards Krix Helix due to their shallow 86mm mounting depth), I assume I will have to run two approx 1.5m in front of my lounge, and then the other two 1.5m behind my lounge to align with Dolby's 90 degree placement? Am I likely to have sound issues with ceiling beam no.2  partially blocking the listening position or due to the speakers not being far from the back wall?  Any thoughts on the use of a solid core sliding door for the right side door? Can you get a drop seal for this kind of door to minimise sound leakage? I'm working out wiring now. Some cables will use cable hide strips along the skirting boards while I think I'll need 1-2 runs of cable to the ceiling (for the projector and Atmos speakers) and right wall (for the rear right and rear surround right speakers). Should I be adding any specific cables now to future-proof the ceiling inputs for a projector e.g. 10-15m long HDMI, cat5e, power, displayport? What will be the common projector standard in say 3 years time?  
      Pictures to aid discussion: (note my horribly rough hand drawn plan is not at all to scale!)

Random idea for the sliding door:

Thanks  
    • By one-eyed-xander
      Item Condition: Great Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Pyrmont State: NSW Payment Method: Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Downsizing For sale a pair of KEF Q100 bookshelf speakers in white finish, and stands. Both were purchased in new by be in 2016, and I'm selling because I have downsized.

These are great speakers, both in sound and looks. I would say they are still in new condition, no blemishes or scratches.

The stands are "TransDeco" branded. I don't know anything about them other than the fact I bought them off Amazon and they look good with the KEFs.

Unfortunately I don't have the original packaging for either speakers or stands, but I don have the original accessories pack including manual and spare baffles, etc.

• By bigev
      Item Condition: Great Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Fitzroy North State: VIC Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Moving & Downsizing Further information:

A pair of Yamaha NS-70 floor speakers in great condition. No marking or damage on any of the speakers, screens are complete with no cracks. The odd, small, mark here and there on the tower - general age / wear and tear. I had have had these for about 5 years hooked up to a Yamaha AX-550 and they sound very nice. They would suit a home theatre setup as well.

Lockdown in VIC had me do some "upgrades" to them which may not have been required but hey, lockdown.

I added feet and I changed the caps and they currently have installed MU-EVO-Oil-2u2-450V &  MU-EVO-6u8-450V.

It comes with extra caps if you want experiment with the sound as I did;

2x MU-ECAP-2U2-50V-BG50
      2x MU-ECAP-6U8-50V-BG50

Pick-up in Fitzroy North anytime until Friday 26th, then they move with to Preston. Ideally I'd like to not move them!

Specifications
      3-way 4-speaker bass reflex
      20cm cone woofer x 2
      10cm cone mid-range
      2.5cm (1") dome tweeter
      Nominal Impedance : 6 ohms
      Freq : 38 Hz - 20kHz
      Nom. Input Power : 80W
      Peak : 280W
      Weight : 15kg each

Photos: