Stacking dac and amp - is it safe?

1 hour ago, Klaus220 said:

LOL haha thank you.

White's black rubber squares? do you know the exact name for them? I can't find them online somehow :(  

thank you so much!

Whites 50 x 50 x 12mm Anti Vibration Squares - 8 Pack ... $4.40 (Dec 2020)

https://www.bunnings.com.au/whites-50-x-50-x-12mm-anti-vibration-squares-8-pack_p3961977

The Whites anti-vibration rubber comes in other sizes as well.  You will need about four or five pads to build up to the height of your pill containers. 

5a783afb-1c59-41a5-97dd-fc1259ff2d09.png

Edited by audiofeline
  • Thanks 1

On 17/12/2020 at 10:56 PM, audiofeline said:

Whites 50 x 50 x 12mm Anti Vibration Squares - 8 Pack ... $4.40 (Dec 2020)

https://www.bunnings.com.au/whites-50-x-50-x-12mm-anti-vibration-squares-8-pack_p3961977

The Whites anti-vibration rubber comes in other sizes as well.  You will need about four or five pads to build up to the height of your pill containers. 

5a783afb-1c59-41a5-97dd-fc1259ff2d09.png

I use one row of these in between the DAC/ amp that's plenty for ventilation and serves the purpose for isolation as well as preventing scratching the top of the component, I've also found these work quite well under speakers in between their stands might not be doing anything but I read that speaker boxes that resonate should be allowed to do so on all of their sides including the bottom and it does seem to change the sound for the better probably the cheapest tweak at $4 a packet I've ever tried and happy with it.

Edited by BATMAQN

4 minutes ago, BATMAQN said:

I use one row of these in between the DAC/ amp that's plenty for ventilation and serves the purpose for isolation as well as preventing scratching the top of the component, I've also found these work quite well under speakers in between their stands might not be doing anything but I read that speaker boxes that resonate should be allowed to do so on all of their sides including the bottom and it does seem to change the sound for the better probably the cheapest tweak at $4 a packet I've ever tried and happy with it.

I'm not sure where you read that speaker boxes should be able to resonate, as this is the hallmark of a poorly built cabinet.  When I had cheaper speakers I would dismantle them and insert internal bracing to minimse this.  But putting speakers on stands, pads, spikes, etc. are proven methods to improve the sound from the boxes.  I'm pleased to hear that you feel that you have got your value from the Whites pads.  Improving hifi performance doesn't always need to break the bank! 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lycos said:

Does anyone where can I get custom wooden rack for this size of amp?

Most of hifi racks I've seen are for home theater amp and therefore too large for headphone amps.

Check Selby, they may have something of appropriate size in their range.

You could make something yourself, if you are handy.  I'm not sure the size of your amp, but you might be able to get a bamboo chopping block in an appropriate size from Ikea or Bunnings.  If you find something too big at Bunnings they can cut it to size for you, then sand and put a couple of coats of polyurethane on it.  Some furniture legs could be bought and cut down to size, or you might even be able to find door stops that are the right length that can be used as legs. 

• Like 1

You can test and experience isolation solutions by yourself with a simple phone app Seimograph, it is not high sensitive for very high frequency pickup as lab equipment but can give u a good idea if isolation item works.

an example that I run 31.5hz at high volume, you can see the difference on phone measurements between phone on floor (close to speaker) verus phone on hifi rack. Those example is not on the microphonic level but we can test a few things, especially in very low frequency range. The higher, the more sensitive equipment we need.

56CD1A72-D46B-4B50-A222-CBA182D193DE.jpeg

EE7D9D83-606A-4A7B-A108-92539A0A7AB4.jpeg

Edited by ikhuong
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, audiofeline said:

If you find something too big at Bunnings they can cut it to size for you, then sand and put a couple of coats of polyurethane on it. 

Thanks. I didnt know they can do that. Will give it a try!

• Like 1