Yamaha a-320 idle current

Hi guys!! Just wondering if you could please help me, I am trying to figure out idle current for my old yamaha a-320, hifiengine does not have the manual, the a-300 has different power transistors and idle current is around 20mv, the a400, which has similar transistors cobfiguration, bias at 6.5mv...??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!!

I managed to find a post on audiokarma which provides the idle current value, after setting, I have got to say,I am so surprised about this amp!! Super musical and dynamic! I had other yamaha natural sound amps in the past and found them rather borung, not this one. 

20201216_155036.jpg

3 hours ago, tortello77 said:

I had other yamaha natural sound amps in the past and found them rather borung, not this one.

I've spent quite a bit of time with Vintage Yamaha, CA-410, 610, 710, 700, 800,1000, 1000ii, 1010, 2010, CX-1000, CX-1, C-4 also got a C-70/M-70 to repair/refurb. OK, the C-410 is the weak link, the others sound decent depending on budget. Problem is that vintage amps from Luxman, Sansui, Marantz, Pioneer,,,, also sound decent. A boring sounding vintage amp is probably sick

1 hour ago, pete_mac said:

Nice work!!

For completeness of this thread for future reference... what was the bias current value? :)

Hi, around 12-13mv, the heatsink is pretty minimalistic but it isn't getting too hot

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, mbz said:

I've spent quite a bit of time with Vintage Yamaha, CA-410, 610, 710, 700, 800,1000, 1000ii, 1010, 2010, CX-1000, CX-1, C-4 also got a C-70/M-70 to repair/refurb. OK, the C-410 is the weak link, the others sound decent depending on budget. Problem is that vintage amps from Luxman, Sansui, Marantz, Pioneer,,,, also sound decent. A boring sounding vintage amp is probably sick

Mind you, I only had lower end non-vintage models from the 90s, the sound was a bit too processed not exciting, as I mentioned lackong dynamics.  Considering it is only 30 watts, this a320 drives my pioneer fs52 (87db) to very high undistorted levels. Cheers

• Like 1