Bowers & Wilkins Formation Duo - installation with computer

Dear All,

I have a Mac Pro and the Bowers & Wilkins Formation Duo speakers but had a lot of trouble with the connection.

If I want to play something from my computer I need to activate the bluetooth connection first and regularly, about twice a week so far, I actually need to completely reset the speakers and reconnect them to the Mac Pro. In addition, the process of connecting the speakers to the Mac Pro via bluetooth, even when everything is working, takes 5+ seconds which is inconvenient much of the time. I also learnt the hard way that when the wifi signal is slightly too weak, only one of the speakers may connect and the other is 'unavailable'.

Is there a better way? Would having Roon installed on the computer help? I have connected the speakers to my ethernet setup but that seems to make no difference. It may allow Airplay that way (I am not sure) but using Airplay and Zoom together means the sound is seriously out of sync with the picture. Would adding the Formation Audio streaming box help?

One of my problems is that I have found it impossible to talk to a B&W technician. They have not been available. The speakers look great and the sound is great when they work but the lack of physical connection with me not knowing how to handle this is a serious downside.

IMG_2199.jpg

I have since found out that Formation Duos and Kef LS50 Wireless II active speakers are not meant to be computer speakers. Hence the lack or downplaying of a wired connection.

Bowers & Wilkins have come to the party and taken care of me. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...