Formula 1 (2021)

• Administrators

And so another season draws to a close. 

1st up, Australian GP in March - some sort of travel bubble is still in the plan apparently. Tickets are being advertised but not yet sold, so who knows what crowds may be in attendance.

What are you most looking forward to in this coming transitional season?

Ric at McLaren will be great to see and I'm sure Norris will learn a lot from Daniel. 

Hopefully Ferrari will find some pace, Red Bull (Aston Martin) will continue their late season pace, and Merc will just damn slow down!

• Like 1

Gees Marc your fast out of the blocks starting this thread before the end of the year, beat me by 3 weeks HaHa.  But then you do own the site too.....

I agree with your summary and yes the most interesting initially will be Dan's new team/car/ presence.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Marc said:

What are you most looking forward to in this coming transitional season?

The Australian GP going ahead and with spectators would be a good start to the year.

• 2 weeks later...

It’l be great to see Dan in a Big Mac, even better if the team everyone wanted him to be in, Ferrari, are behind him.

I just gotta say this years Aussie F1 cancellation pissed me off so much. To see Hamilton say stuff like 'Why are we here' in Australia? Contributing to the event being shutdown, then seeing him later on in the year racing in F1 whilst still recovering from the virus totally pissed me off!  They never needed to cancel the event like they did.

• 2 weeks later...

And so they have settled on November the 21st for our next GP in Melbourne now, it'll mean we miss out on seeing the new cars for the season starter and by then the world Champ could be nearly decided & #1 manufacturer too.

Officials say...........

"The operation of the four-day Grand Prix event at Albert Park will be subject to prevailing public health conditions and advice from the Chief Health Officer, with infection prevention and control at the centre of all decisions," the media release said.

"Quarantine and other aspects of the Grand Prix will be considered in due course."

I have total faith Covid restrictions and Fear will be less coming out of Melbourne's Winter than currently with next to No Cases at all

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!  🤬

The updated 2021 F1 race calendar now looks as follows:

• 28 March – Bahrain (Sakhir)
  • 18 April - Italy (Imola*)
  • 2 May - TBC
  • 9 May – Spain (Barcelona)
  • 23 May – Monaco (Monaco)
  • 6 June – Azerbaijan (Baku)
  • 13 June – Canada (Montreal)
  • 27 June – France (Le Castellet)
  • 4 July – Austria (Spielberg)
  • 18 July – United Kingdom (Silverstone)
  • 1 August – Hungary (Budapest)
  • 29 August – Belgium (Spa)
  • 5 September – Netherlands (Zandvoort)
  • 12 September – Italy (Monza)
  • 26 September – Russia (Sochi)
  • 3 October – Singapore (Singapore)
  • 10 October – Japan (Suzuka)
  • 24 October – USA (Austin)
  • 31 October – Mexico (Mexico City)
  • 7 November – Brazil (Sao Paulo)
  • 21 November - Australia (Melbourne*)
  • 5 December - Saudi Arabia (Jeddah**)
  • 12 December - Abu Dhabi (Yas Island)

*Revisions to calendar are subject to World Motor Sport Council approval **Subject to circuit homologation

• 3 weeks later...

F1 based question..... Kayo users.

I have been using Foxtel for three years and back and forth with negotiations to keep it “affordable “....looking for alternative as it’s gone up again!

Question is....can I watch the Skysports replays of pre race and post race stuff like The F1 Show....and The Notebook , on Kayo ?

Edited by Mr 57
  • Administrators

Yes, from memory that's all there following each race.

• Like 1
On 21/01/2021 at 1:20 PM, agelessgoodguy said:

The updated 2021 F1 race calendar now looks as follows:

• 28 March – Bahrain (Sakhir)
  • 18 April - Italy (Imola*)
  • 2 May - TBC
  • 9 May – Spain (Barcelona)
  • 23 May – Monaco (Monaco)
  • 6 June – Azerbaijan (Baku)
  • 13 June – Canada (Montreal)
  • 27 June – France (Le Castellet)
  • 4 July – Austria (Spielberg)
  • 18 July – United Kingdom (Silverstone)
  • 1 August – Hungary (Budapest)
  • 29 August – Belgium (Spa)
  • 5 September – Netherlands (Zandvoort)
  • 12 September – Italy (Monza)
  • 26 September – Russia (Sochi)
  • 3 October – Singapore (Singapore)
  • 10 October – Japan (Suzuka)
  • 24 October – USA (Austin)
  • 31 October – Mexico (Mexico City)
  • 7 November – Brazil (Sao Paulo)
  • 21 November - Australia (Melbourne*)
  • 5 December - Saudi Arabia (Jeddah**)
  • 12 December - Abu Dhabi (Yas Island)

*Revisions to calendar are subject to World Motor Sport Council approval **Subject to circuit homologation

might just be me and not following the series in earnest for some time, but that looks like a lot of racing. is this a typical year's schedule these days?  

11 hours ago, wasabijim said:

might just be me and not following the series in earnest for some time, but that looks like a lot of racing. is this a typical year's schedule these days?  

It's only two more than in 2019 but the trend is more events = more money 😉

17 hours ago, wasabijim said:

6 hours ago, ArthurDent said:

It's only two more than in 2019 but the trend is more events = more money 😉

Considering what I have to pay for a FOXTEL HD Sports subscription each month I'll take as many races as I can get!

1 hour ago, Satanica said:

Considering what I have to pay for a FOXTEL HD Sports subscription each month I'll take as many races as I can get!

How true is that statement ! It’s just ridiculous what you have to pay now. Not any longer,....switching to Kayo with Chromecast.

Just now, Mr 57 said:

How true is that statement ! It’s just ridiculous what you have to pay now. Not any longer,....switching to Kayo with Chromecast.

I tried but the KAYO quality compared to UHD FOXTEL on my UHD TV just doesn't compare.

I really wanted it to as I was offered KAYO at just $15 a month for 12 months as a Telstra customer.

I hear ya....just as a side issue, not that my tv does allow such things, but Chromecast Ultra does 4K ....

and the dang thing , with remote only cost $99 😀

Edited by Mr 57
Just now, Mr 57 said:

I hear ya....just as a side issue, not that my tv does allow such things, but Chromecast Ultra does 4K ....

Yeah it's a great little device but KAYO does not support 4K.

KAYO supports up to 1080 HD and even then I think the bit rate is lower than FOXTEL satellite.

2 hours ago, Satanica said:

And there lays the rub....we learn something every day, ....did not know that 👍

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Satanica said:

KAYO supports up to 1080 HD and even then I think the bit rate is lower than FOXTEL satellite.

S*** mate you had to say this, I'd just gotten ecstatic with a 1080 Chromecast Ultra on Kayo. 

Now I'm miserable with a sharp case of FOMO. 

• Administrators

I watch the F1's Sky broadcast on ATV via Kayo on a 120" screen. I have no issues with the PQ whatsoever. It's not like I'm watching a movie and need uber video and audio quality.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, rmpfyf said:

S*** mate you had to say this, I'd just gotten ecstatic with a 1080 Chromecast Ultra on Kayo. 

Now I'm miserable with a sharp case of FOMO. 

Hey, you can get better deals after a while with FOXTEL. From memory I'm down to about $43 a month. Obviously more money but for me it's worth it.

1 hour ago, Satanica said:

Hey, you can get better deals after a while with FOXTEL. From memory I'm down to about $43 a month. Obviously more money but for me it's worth it.

That's actually not as bad as I remember it being. Cheers, I'll check that out.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Satanica said:

It starts out pretty good, ...$39 per month for HD sports.

Then $49....now they want $79.....see ya,...hello Kayo.

Having said that though, returning at $50 or less per month is a possibility after I have disconnected for 30 days 🤦‍♀️....go figure!

On 21/02/2021 at 9:29 AM, Mr 57 said:

It starts out pretty good, ...$39 per month for HD sports.

Then $49....now they want $79.....see ya,...hello Kayo.

Having said that though, returning at $50 or less per month is a possibility after I have disconnected for 30 days 🤦‍♀️....go figure!

Yeah, I feel after $50 a month the value proposition starts to go down. I'm NOT trying to poo-poo Kayo but I quit Foxtel about a month ago and then straight away signed up to Kayo for a tiny $15 a month fee for 12 months (Telstra customer offer). But from either my 4K OLED or pseudo 4K projector it looked like a cartoon compared to Ultra HD Foxtel. So I rang them back 3 hours later and thankfully they could easily cancel my cancellation and offered $43.50 a month for 6 months with a bunch of free movies (not that I'll watch them). The guy said just call back after 6 months and you're likely to keep getting a similar deal again. True story. 

Edited by Satanica