I’m new here, don’t use forums but would like to place some classified ads.

Can anybody help, classified section is greyed out and I can’t see how to place an ad. Can see current listings.

Wow - 10 years without a post.

That's gotta be some kind of record.   🎖️

OK, well the first thing is you'll need to make a few posts in the various sections of the site that interest you - and the ones you are currently making should add up.

The Classifieds are greyed out to new users until about 5 total posts are made, as the community feel we're trying to engender is to have active members who come here for more than just selling things, or only joining up to do so in the Classifieds and then leaving never to return.

So keep the discussion going.  :) 

If you make a few posts about your system and your interests you might find that you will enjoy being around:welcome:

Edited: in the spirit of the community.

Edited by rantan
11 minutes ago, rantan said:

If you cannot be bothered why would anyone else do it for you( even if it was possible )?

if you make a few posts about your system and your interests you might find that you will enjoy being around:welcome:

Looks as if candy has helpfully been bothered to explain the process 

1 hour ago, candyflip said:

Wow - 10 years without a post.

That's gotta be some kind of record.   🎖️

OK, well the first thing is you'll need to make a few posts in the various sections of the site that interest you - and the ones you are currently making should add up.

The Classifieds are greyed out to new users until about 5 total posts are made, as the community feel we're trying to engender is to have active members who come here for more than just selling things, or only joining up to do so in the Classifieds and then leaving never to return.

So keep the discussion going.  :) 

Well done @candyflip nice of you to explain it.

• Like 1

Ok I see but why such aggression 

As a student I got involved in retail Hifi and as such and with some bad 

experiences selling gear which I never got paid for I either traded or kept gear which I used..

Just thought I would show you a part of audio history which most of you would not have seen.

Item chosen was a transcriptor vestigial arm, kind of like a tangential arm but mounted as you would a normal arm.

This was made for high compliance cartridges with very low track weight only the head shell moves

658F520C-3516-4D70-A698-447850FDEFA3.thumb.jpeg.2a2179c4c2ef6a897cb84aa0600a353e.jpeg

31B93092-BFBD-450B-91C8-26EF5652652D.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Looks as if candy has helpfully been bothered to explain the process 

Well, blow me down for such great insight!. It is beyond inspirational😇

Edited by rantan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Pin said:

As a student I got involved in retail Hifi and as such and with some bad 

experiences selling gear which I never got paid for I either traded or kept gear which I used..

Just thought I would show you a part of audio history which most of you would not have seen.

Item chosen was a transcriptor vestigial arm, kind of like a tangential arm but mounted as you would a normal arm.

This was made for high compliance cartridges with very low track weight only the head shell moves

658F520C-3516-4D70-A698-447850FDEFA3.thumb.jpeg.2a2179c4c2ef6a897cb84aa0600a353e.jpeg

31B93092-BFBD-450B-91C8-26EF5652652D.jpeg

Thank you for sharing and please continue to do so. Its posts like yours that build a community.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Pin said:

Eh? I haven’t read anything aggressive in this thread?  Relax and enjoy the community here.  There is an element of trust involved in using the classifieds here.  Don’t see that as a negative.  Rather, see it as an invitation to immerse yourself, and then utilise the classifieds as a perk of being part of a community.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Pin said:

I’m new here, don’t use forums but would like to place some classified ads.

Can anybody help, classified section is greyed out and I can’t see how to place an ad. Can see current listings.

Welcome, you will have fun.

You will get out of it.... what you put into it....🙏👍🍷🍷🍷🍷

6 minutes ago, Stereophilus said:

Eh? I haven’t read anything aggressive in this thread?  Relax and enjoy the community here.  There is an element of trust involved in using the classifieds here.  Don’t see that as a negative.  Rather, see it as an invitation to immerse yourself, and then utilise the classifieds as a perk of being part of a community.

I think there might have been part of a post that the OP might have taken as "aggressive" but it might have been edited out now

• Like 2
1 minute ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

I think there might have been part of a post that the OP might have taken as "aggressive" but it might have been edited out now

I believe it was removed

Edited by Eggmeister
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mendes said:

Did you remove it Egg, Mod in training 😂😂🙏👍

I'm like those silent ninja mods :ninja:

Edited by Eggmeister

• Marc locked this topic