Jump to content

Denafrips Pontus discussion (was Review)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ray4410 said:

the serial no for pontus is on the bottom panel.

TBH, I hadn't lifted it above my head to look ?. I assumed perhaps it was on the underside of top plate.

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being in Singapore, I can safely say that ive heard quite a bit of the denafrips offerings. They really changed to game for us audiophiles who are looking for the bang for the buck. No product can be

It is fine to agree.  However to me it is a questionable review.  For example it has contradictions.  He says "...the best sounding DAC this reviewer has ever heard"   He then says that

me to

2 minutes ago, Niktech said:

TBH, I hadn't lifted it above my head to look ?. I assumed perhaps it was on the underside of top plate.

Cheers

if you want to know if it has the updates,go to the denafrips(vinshine) there is a contact page where you can send the serial no,they will message you with the correct info,there after sale response is very good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ray4410 said:

the serial no for pontus is on the bottom panel.

if the dac is too hard to get at(eg,in a rack or with other stuff on top of it,which you shouldn't) if you still have the original shipping carton the pontus came in the serial no is on the carton.

Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, ray4410 said:

if the dac is too hard to get at(eg,in a rack or with other stuff on top of it,which you shouldn't) if you still have the original shipping carton the pontus came in the serial no is on the carton.

I've been tinkering again with Whites anti-vibration tape and blocks. 

20201224_061620.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Niktech changed the title to Denafrips Pontus discussion (was Review)
On 23/12/2020 at 2:50 PM, 7502dan said:

Actually in UK they call it Pontus 2

This is incorrect. I checked with Alvin. He advised that this is still Pontus I and the UK distributor has been asked to amend his website. 
 

And it is very much likely that depending on when you bought the Pontus, the components inside would be a little different. While the DSP board can be purchased by anyone, the other changes cannot be done by the user. 

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • 2 months later...
On 23/12/2020 at 4:11 PM, 7502dan said:

Denafrips should have called the current pontus mk2 as they upgraded the power suply, fpga and dsp board just as they did to Venus 2.

 

7 hours ago, PositivelyMusicallyGeared said:

Both the Denafrips and Vinshine websites are now describing a Pontus II. However, the photo of the front has "Pontus", unlike the Venus, which has "Venus II".

 

Yes, they decided to call the Pontus with the new USB board and other changes the II to reduce confusion. And I guess that after they changed the front plate from the misspelling of Reversal to Phase another front plate change just wasn't in the cards.:)

Edited by GregWormald
added clarity
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 14/03/2021 at 12:06 AM, GregWormald said:

 

 

... And I guess that after they changed the front plate from the misspelling of Reversal to Phase another front plate change just wasn't in the cards.:)

 

I actually quite like the unintentional pun in the old face plate, but then most people might be a little more 'reserv'ed about such things ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, krebetman said:

 

I actually quite like the unintentional pun in the old face plate, but then most people might be a little more 'reserv'ed about such things ?

In some circles, misspellings and other phenomena add to  rarity and value. For example, coins and bank notes  ?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...