WTB: 12" Rythmik Subwoofer (or similar. possibly a pair) MELB

Jack_

Item: 12" Subwoofer
Price Range: Depends on brand and if it's single or pair. 
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info:
Was looking at something like Rythmik, Rel, SVS.  Possibly a pair depending on price/availability. 

Edited by jack_b

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on how much real estate you want them to take up. I've had Klipsch, SVS Ultras and i now make/sell my own.  Currently working on 2 Stereo Integrity HST-15's, each will be sealed in a 2 cubic box. These things wont be huge like other DIY subs but given enough power they'll easily beat a SVS SB16 and rival JTR Captivator RS1's. If your interested i'll have them done by the end of Jan, just keep in mind they're passive and will require an amp like a Crown XLS2002 or 2502.

On 30/12/2020 at 1:52 PM, Keith Raufer said:

Depends on how much real estate you want them to take up. I've had Klipsch, SVS Ultras and i now make/sell my own.  Currently working on 2 Stereo Integrity HST-15's, each will be sealed in a 2 cubic box. These things wont be huge like other DIY subs but given enough power they'll easily beat a SVS SB16 and rival JTR Captivator RS1's. If your interested i'll have them done by the end of Jan, just keep in mind they're passive and will require an amp like a Crown XLS2002 or 2502.

Thanks very much for your offer. Sounds great although I'm on the lookout for something powered. Cheers

Jack_b

I know you mentioned some well respected brands but I have a 12” sealed sub DIY with quality components,. It has a Hypex amp with EQ.  It’s reasonably large and heavy. Would sell for around $400 if interested.

On 31/12/2020 at 11:23 PM, sthpaul said:

Jack_b

I know you mentioned some well respected brands but I have a 12” sealed sub DIY with quality components,. It has a Hypex amp with EQ.  It’s reasonably large and heavy. Would sell for around $400 if interested.

Sounds interesting, what sort of driver does it use? Do you have any photos? Thanks

Ok, it’s 445mm wide x 590mm deep x 635mm high

it was made by a work colleague of mine who intended to go into business making these which didn’t eventuate but it means that it is semi pro made. The black gloss finish is generally not bad but there are some areas where it is  not great, I’ve tried to capture this in the photos.  I do have a manual for the Hypex amp module, it is class D 400W at 4 ohms.  The EQ is a bass boost of up to +6dB between 20 and 50Hz.

I can’t tell the brand of driver but I think it was Seas.

D54FA0E3-A606-400D-AC5E-CFD9FE8F303C.jpeg

702D9A98-1921-48AF-9CE7-ED7451E60321.jpeg

16CF022D-C3C5-4C0D-BDAB-8519B28E5DA9.jpeg

4D1BED19-88A2-4631-9FFD-00E57F0B14EF.jpeg

87547C1D-DEAC-4CAF-B834-2F0613BA5BD7.jpeg

5F23E88C-C046-4C16-8395-5DD97E59964C.jpeg

Hi @sthpaul apologies for the delay - missed this while away. 

It looks to be great value but after some thought I think I'd like to stick with an established brand. It's my first time integrating one with these speakers so think it's easier to go with something tried and tested. Thanks very much for the offer though.