A 50W lateral MOSFET amplifier based on David Tilbrook's AEM6000

I’m not aware of any substitutes for the Exicon parts. I designed it originally around Hitachi lateral MOSFETs, but they haven’t been available for some years.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Way back, I wanted to build some amplifiers to drive a lovely old pair of Infinity RS-5B speakers that my PhD supervisor gave me. I found the original articles for the AEM6000, and set to updating tha

Yup, all the parts are available. See the parts list.   Also, I'm not a sir.

Just wanted to say thanks to Suzy for your compendious notes. I've ordered the bits and look forward to building this.. but I really wanted to say that I purchased the tweezers you recommended an

11 minutes ago, Suzyj said:

I’m not aware of any substitutes for the Exicon parts. I designed it originally around Hitachi lateral MOSFETs, but they haven’t been available for some years.

it's ok, i found some in the UK, going to order enough outputs to build 10 channels.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks to Suzy for your compendious notes. I've ordered the bits and look forward to building this..

but I really wanted to say that I purchased the tweezers you recommended and used them for the first time and they are a life-changing joy to use, thanks 🤩

• Like 2
1 hour ago, acongdon said:

Just wanted to say thanks to Suzy for your compendious notes. I've ordered the bits and look forward to building this..

but I really wanted to say that I purchased the tweezers you recommended and used them for the first time and they are a life-changing joy to use, thanks 🤩

Where did you get your output devices ?

6 hours ago, acongdon said:

A pleasure!

I'm getting such great warm and fuzzies reading of people building these. I'm assembling a pair of more uber ones on the bench today with Class G (erroneously referred to as class H on my silkscreens) output stages, in a 100W and 200W flavour. In simulation they show great promise. I can't wait to test them.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Suzyj said:

A pleasure!

I'm getting such great warm and fuzzies reading of people building these. I'm assembling a pair of more uber ones on the bench today with Class G (erroneously referred to as class H on my silkscreens) output stages, in a 100W and 200W flavour. In simulation they show great promise. I can't wait to test them.

Interested in some measurements and pictures :) 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys I accidently ordered WAY to many of these, I meant to order a handful of the 50watt and 100 watt of the AEM amplifier boards, but instead I screwed up and ordered TONS of the 100 watt boards.

Offering them very cheap If any interest please let me know ! 

100-wpcb.jpg

• Like 2

I think there is a few small errors in the 100W notes and parts list.

Schematic C23-26, parts list C22-25, overlay C13,15,23,25?

Schematic R44,45,  parts list R44,R45, overlay R44,41.

Schematic R40-43,45, parts list R40-43,46, overlay R18,37,40,42,46 (3W wirewound)

Schematic R36-39, parts list R36-39, overlay R36,38,39,43.

Edited by acongdon