A 50W lateral MOSFET amplifier based on David Tilbrook's AEM6000

Guest Suzyj

Those were just inconsistencies in part numbering I was noting between overlay and parts list.

The parts listed are correct.

I assume the inconsistencies are part of the process of converting from 50->100W versions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a high bandwidth, high slew rate, mosfet amp using HITACHI 2SK1058 and 2SJ162. It's probably based on this design.

The amp designer told me many years ago the newer ALFET ALF08N16V and ALF08P16V were a good upgrade over the older transistors. But now it seems even they are not available anymore, and its the EXICON ECX10N20 and ECX10P20 as a replacement for the Hitachi.

Suzy what do you think about these newer transistors and is it worth it to change to the new Exicons? I have to recap my amp anyway so the boards are coming out soon, so its a convenient time to do such work. Price of the transistors is not an issue as I only need 8 of them. And getting the N or P matched work out to be only $15 dollars more for each side.

Edited by agisthos

• 1 year later...

I've been really hoping to build a couple of these with a friend. The SST404 JFET looks to be the blocker now...the one  supplier has none and it's on backorder. 😭 

Did anyone stock up and have some spare jfets they could sell me by any chance? 🙂