New member from North Carolina, USA.

gapecans

Looking forward to learning and sharing information about tube based audio equipment. My gear is:

Muzishare X7

Music Hall MMF-1.5 TT with Ortofon Bronze

Musical Paradise MP-D2 MK3 Deluxe DAC

Project Tube Box S2 Phono-amp 

Akai-GX-4000D-Reel-to-Reel 

Denon 8000NE CD Player

Klipsch Heresy IIIs 

Two Boot boxes filled with tubes 

Giddy up! 

• Like 2

Yes, they are plentiful. They walk all around our property, right pass the windows. But we've learned to be aware and do certain things to keep them away. Asheville is about 30 miles away. Let me know if you or family/friends are ever looking to rent a log cabin on a creek. We rent two year round on 15 acres tucked away in the woods. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi James,

I've had the X7 since February and love the performance.  I have a gaggle of tubes that get rotated from time to time, the sonic changes are very noticeable to me. It is becoming a dedicated power amp in the next few months as I complete the addition of supporting equipemnt. A few months ago I added a Musical Paradise MP-D2 MK3 Deluxe DAC and WOW! Check that baby out if you are ever looking for a tube DAC that is a tweekers dream. It too sounds beautiful, so much so that I am awaiting delivery of the MP-P2 Phono stage. Garry's designs are serious gear. The X7 is so well built, clean point to point with quality components. You will be very pleased if you decide on it. I'm driving Klipsch Heresy IIIs. 

I did a USMC deployment to Okinawa a long time ago. Great memories. 

Edited by gapecans

Without seeing it in person I really do like the look of the Muzishare and the build quality has been noted and from all the photos, looks superb.  I was also wondering what you thought about the sound of the stock tubes and what combination you are using that give the best performance...  Thanks for letting me pick your brain...  

10 hours ago, phewall said:

Thanks for the feedback.  Glad to hear that you are enjoying it.  What did the Muzishare x7 replace, and how did you settle on it?  What others did you consider?  

Semper Fi! 

The X7 replaced a SS Kenwood Integrated Amp that I had for 2 decades, and a Yamaha integrated amp. I had gotten away from vinyl for a long time and decided last year to get back into tubes. My first amp was a McIntosh Tube amp I purchased from a friend in 1972, cheap...just had to replace a few tubes. But raising a family put things aside and now we have time again. I knew I was not going to spend $5K on a McIntosh so I started looking for a good point to point tube amp for under $1500. It really is amazing what the X7 provides in that catagory . I searched the forums of numerous sites and kept reading positive quality references on the X7. It really is not far from high end units in build quality. There is opportunity to upgrade the capacitors but that's down the road. Having VU meters for easy bias adjustment was a plus. Triode/Ultra Linear is another plus. I never used the internal phono stage and have never used headphones, so I can't speak to the quality there. It has plenty of power in either mode.  It is a tank.

I kept the stock tubes in for several months before rolling.  I was very impressed right out of the box but knew I'd roll tubes when I moved the system into our updated home. The original room was 15x17, now it's 30x40, down in the man cave.  Dedicated power line for the system....I now have Gold Lion KT88s, NOS Mullard/Sylvania/GE/RCA/RFT 12AUXs and 12AX7s. Also re-issues from Mullard/Gold Lion and others....There is no perfect tube set-up. I'll go weeks and then decide to swap things. It gets real interesting because my current phono stage and DAC have tubes. The MP-P2 coming has 8 tubes.  Oh, not matter what you read, rectifier tubes do make a sonic change, especially when you have voltage options like Musical Paradise gear offers. I've even gone back to all stock to relive the original sound and play with the 12AUXs, then the 12AX7s  

It's just great fun. My 500 plus records are spinning again, and CDs, and streaming via ethernet using Asus Zenbook. Vinyl still sounds best to my ear. And the F-4 Phantom. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I pulled the trigger on the x7!  Won’t get here until 18 Jan, but looking forward to some great sounds in the New Year.  Thanks for all your info and advice.  I’ll definitely let you know how it goes.  Have a great New Year in 2021!  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

To the members who consider Muzishare x7 as a musical High End solution: Go for it!
I´ve only had it for a couple of weeks but Im very satisfied with the three-dimensional sound and the build quality. If I had any doubt of the quality from this Chinese manufacturer I found it  good enough. The choice I have between Triod and Ultralinear drive comes in handy for different music The choice is a matter of what feeling I have
Maybe it the speakers i have: Bose 601 series1. They are sort of reflecting system whitch pair beautifully with Muzishare X7. It´s extremely priceworthy.