StereoNET Hi-Fi Show 2021 Dates Announced (Postponed to 2022)

I'm glad you're making plans, contingency plans and contingency contingency plans Marc, it's truly appreciated. I for one would love to be involved in a show late next year if it were at all possible.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe things are now looking up a little? What will the recent announcements of vaccines bring? I guess it's all still speculation, and we don't know what form of relaxation of restrictions will follow after vaccination. I think we will need to see a massive reduction in infections worldwide before truely free movement will return, but at least we have reason for hope.

• Like 1

• Administrator

Our venue has just received AllSafe accreditation (I'm still yet to determine what that actually means), but they're making a big deal about it. 
I have a meeting with them on Thursday and hopefully they'll know more about what indoor events looks like at this point. Being a function and events based hotel (rather than just accommodation) they should know a bit more at this stage.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I think that the logistics of vaccine distribution will determine how quickly things open up, as well as longer-term vaccine efficacy. I don't think that the virus has finished with us yet either, so there's three difficult variables already.

I'd imagine that there may be a cap on daily numbers and perhaps an appointment system for each room to be able to track and trace any exposure and keep it to reasonable numbers.

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, Marc said:

And just like that, our dates are rendered useless by the rescheduling of the Melbourne F1 GP. Back to the drawing board.

Sydney 2021?

Yes. 1 or 2 weeks before HK show. 

Edited by metal beat

2 hours ago, Marc said:

And just like that, our dates are rendered useless by the rescheduling of the Melbourne F1 GP. Back to the drawing board.

Sydney 2021?

WTF?  I think the timing is perfect.  All of the systems can be cranked to the max without any risk of noise complaints.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Sydney 2021?

Marc, honestly, just use your powerful influence to force them to move the F1 GP to a different weekend.  November 19-21 in Melbourne is for the StereoNET Home Entertainment Expo.  The F1 GP is far less important.

• Haha 1

On 12/01/2021 at 10:21 PM, Stereophilus said:

Marc, honestly, just use your powerful influence to force them to move the F1 GP to a different weekend.  November 19-21 in Melbourne is for the StereoNET Home Entertainment Expo.  The F1 GP is far less important.

Seeing there is less then 14 days  (7 November – Brazil (Sao Paulo) after the Brazil race I don't see the F1 GP Melbourne going ahead.Hope there is more notice then last year..

Stump

3 hours ago, Marc said:

Work in progress.

IPA for Luc ✔️ (Because I owe him one, sorry two)

Early entry for Luc because I think I said I would ✔️

Discount at the bar for Luc because I nearly always do I think ✔️

Insist on ID for anyone called 'Eggmiester' trying to get in. ✔️

Because it's in Sydney it'll be cheap almost free entry for people from the  Far North Coast Northern Rivers area situated between 1 and 3 Waving Palm Circuit.✔️

?

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bugger Sydney, move it to the Gold Coast.

The joints full of flash Harry's loaded with dosh just waiting to fill their waterway mansions with audiophile gear to play their D.Krall and DSOTM and of cause the weather is perfect one day and the same the next.

Lots of QLD members eager to go and a couple of blow ins from south of the Bjelke-Petersen Line .

Stage it in the Deep South's winter and all the Mexicans can make a holiday out of, bring the Handbrake and pop her under an umbrella on Main beach Surfers, leave her the credit card with the $500 limit while you take the big one to the show.

You know it makes sense.

• Like 2