StereoNET Hi-Fi Show 2021 Dates Announced (Postponed to 2022)

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, anandpkumar said:

any chance of having it in Sydney this year? pretty please ??

Maybe. We investigated an option that was provided to us, however it also didn't work out. Not giving up yet.

Melbourne has now been pushed back to Feb 2022. So there is definitely an opportunity for Sydney late this year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marc said:

Maybe. We investigated an option that was provided to us, however it also didn't work out. Not giving up yet.

Melbourne has now been pushed back to Feb 2022. So there is definitely an opportunity for Sydney late this year.

I'll be happy if there is a hi-fi show this year, irrespective of location. Thank you for all the effort towards making this happen

Edited by anandpkumar

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Your always welcome to have it in "Adelaide". Same week as Womadelaide or another Event  .... Regardless where you plan it will be a toss of the coin if it goes ahead the next few years...?

• Administrator

The problem is venues. In order to secure dates, they want substantial deposits and contracts. The contracts always favour the venue - and if substantial delays come I don't then have the flexibility of moving venues or states. So it's all good to have all these other plans, but we'll end up having deposits held by the venues all over the place. 

Then there are all the other contractors and suppliers that are required to run a successful show. Same deal.

It really is a nightmare as a show organiser at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/02/2021 at 4:33 PM, Stump said:

Your always welcome to have it in "Adelaide". Same week as Womadelaide or another Event  .... Regardless where you plan it will be a toss of the coin if it goes ahead the next few years...?

I second this Stump. Wat virus?  ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/02/2021 at 6:41 PM, Marc said:

The problem is venues. In order to secure dates, they want substantial deposits and contracts. The contracts always favour the venue - and if substantial delays come I don't then have the flexibility of moving venues or states. So it's all good to have all these other plans, but we'll end up having deposits held by the venues all over the place. 

Then there are all the other contractors and suppliers that are required to run a successful show. Same deal.

It really is a nightmare as a show organiser at the moment.

Sorry to hear that your event woes are continuing...

Melbournians are itching for a show, so your 2022 event should be well-attended.

I reckon 2022 might be a good year for a speaker upgrade for moi, so what better place to launch my search ? 

I wonder if Marten speakers might make an appearance this show, that would be very nice.

Edited by tripitaka