StereoNET Hi-Fi Show 2021 Dates Announced (Postponed to 2022)

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

And just like that, our dates are rendered useless by the rescheduling of the Melbourne F1 GP. Back to the drawing board.

Sydney 2021?

51 minutes ago, Marc said:

And just like that, our dates are rendered useless by the rescheduling of the Melbourne F1 GP. Back to the drawing board.

Sydney 2021?

Yes. 1 or 2 weeks before HK show. 

Edited by metal beat

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Sydney 2021?

WTF?  I think the timing is perfect.  All of the systems can be cranked to the max without any risk of noise complaints.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Marc said:

Sydney 2021?

Marc, honestly, just use your powerful influence to force them to move the F1 GP to a different weekend.  November 19-21 in Melbourne is for the StereoNET Home Entertainment Expo.  The F1 GP is far less important.

• Haha 1
On 12/01/2021 at 10:21 PM, Stereophilus said:

Marc, honestly, just use your powerful influence to force them to move the F1 GP to a different weekend.  November 19-21 in Melbourne is for the StereoNET Home Entertainment Expo.  The F1 GP is far less important.

Seeing there is less then 14 days  (7 November – Brazil (Sao Paulo) after the Brazil race I don't see the F1 GP Melbourne going ahead.Hope there is more notice then last year..

Stump

3 hours ago, Marc said:

Work in progress.

IPA for Luc ✔️ (Because I owe him one, sorry two)

Early entry for Luc because I think I said I would ✔️

Discount at the bar for Luc because I nearly always do I think ✔️

Insist on ID for anyone called 'Eggmiester' trying to get in. ✔️

Because it's in Sydney it'll be cheap almost free entry for people from the  Far North Coast Northern Rivers area situated between 1 and 3 Waving Palm Circuit.✔️

😎

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

New dates for the "Melbourne" show in 2022 will be announced shortly.

• Like 3
  • Marc changed the title to StereoNET Hi-Fi Show 2021 Dates Announced (Postponed to 2022)

Must admit that I am very disappointed...

But not at all surprised!!!!

I am sure that you are doing your best Mark.

Please keep us informed (as I know that you will!!).

Bruce

• Administrators

Still working on other solutions.

I love the show can't wait for the next - wish there was a magic wand to make it on this weekend!! 🤩

Bugger Sydney, move it to the Gold Coast.

The joints full of flash Harry's loaded with dosh just waiting to fill their waterway mansions with audiophile gear to play their D.Krall and DSOTM and of cause the weather is perfect one day and the same the next.

Lots of QLD members eager to go and a couple of blow ins from south of the Bjelke-Petersen Line .

Stage it in the Deep South's winter and all the Mexicans can make a holiday out of, bring the Handbrake and pop her under an umbrella on Main beach Surfers, leave her the credit card with the $500 limit while you take the big one to the show.

You know it makes sense.

• Like 2
  • Administrators
19 minutes ago, anandpkumar said:

any chance of having it in Sydney this year? pretty please 😀😀

Maybe. We investigated an option that was provided to us, however it also didn't work out. Not giving up yet.

Melbourne has now been pushed back to Feb 2022. So there is definitely an opportunity for Sydney late this year.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Marc said:

Maybe. We investigated an option that was provided to us, however it also didn't work out. Not giving up yet.

Melbourne has now been pushed back to Feb 2022. So there is definitely an opportunity for Sydney late this year.

I'll be happy if there is a hi-fi show this year, irrespective of location. Thank you for all the effort towards making this happen

Edited by anandpkumar
2 hours ago, Marc said:

Your always welcome to have it in "Adelaide". Same week as Womadelaide or another Event  .... Regardless where you plan it will be a toss of the coin if it goes ahead the next few years...😎

• Administrators

The problem is venues. In order to secure dates, they want substantial deposits and contracts. The contracts always favour the venue - and if substantial delays come I don't then have the flexibility of moving venues or states. So it's all good to have all these other plans, but we'll end up having deposits held by the venues all over the place. 

Then there are all the other contractors and suppliers that are required to run a successful show. Same deal.

It really is a nightmare as a show organiser at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/02/2021 at 4:33 PM, Stump said:

Your always welcome to have it in "Adelaide". Same week as Womadelaide or another Event  .... Regardless where you plan it will be a toss of the coin if it goes ahead the next few years...😎

I second this Stump. Wat virus?  😉

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 05/02/2021 at 6:41 PM, Marc said:

The problem is venues. In order to secure dates, they want substantial deposits and contracts. The contracts always favour the venue - and if substantial delays come I don't then have the flexibility of moving venues or states. So it's all good to have all these other plans, but we'll end up having deposits held by the venues all over the place. 

Then there are all the other contractors and suppliers that are required to run a successful show. Same deal.

It really is a nightmare as a show organiser at the moment.

Sorry to hear that your event woes are continuing...

Melbournians are itching for a show, so your 2022 event should be well-attended.

I reckon 2022 might be a good year for a speaker upgrade for moi, so what better place to launch my search 🙂 

I wonder if Marten speakers might make an appearance this show, that would be very nice.

Edited by tripitaka
  • Marc locked this topic