Sharp Aquos 70" Backlight Color issue?

Hi guys, I have a 70" Sharp LC-70LE960X that I use for my home theatre setup.

I have attempted to calibrate the grayscale (using HCFR and i1Display Pro) with both 2 point and 10 point but I can't hit the D65 target. I have maxed out the blue and green controls at -30 / +30 respectively throughout most of the IRE range,  and the TV still has too much blue.

When peering through the back grill of the TV, the LED backlight definitely has a blue/purpleish hue. I believe this is confirmed by the increased blue shift at Low IRE. My question is, is the TV supposed to be like this? Or do you think my backlight array needs replacing? I remember reading somewhere that TV's in Japan get calibrated to 9700K (not sure if this is true). Does anyone have experience with Sharp Aquos TV's?

Thanks in advance, 
Dean

SharpGrayscale.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately this does not make a difference. All picture modes have been tried and have excessive blue. All color temps have excessive blue including the most warm (low). Using 10 point calibration also overrides the color temp selection.

I am using movie mode which provides the best picture and is the only mode to offer 10 point calibration. The backlight color is definitely cooler than 6500K but I need to know if its supposed to be that way before I go replacing it.

I can do 2 point. Blue and green must be at -30 / +30 respectively for both gain and offset (called HI and LO on this TV). This results in an error that is worse than doing 10 point, blue is still far too high. Doing 10 point on this TV seems to disregard both the color temp preset and 2 point calibration (ie. they don't sum together).

For more background info, this TV was used to display video games in the window of JB Hifi for a year or so before I purchased it. I'm not sure if LED's shift to blue when they are worn out?

Edited by Vwman01