music streamers any recommendation? also most suitable speakers.

yes prefer amplification,have seen a marantz amp at $989, looked at Bluesound vault 2  @$1300

looking for a better quality sound compared to Spotify and sonos speakers 

One box solutions could suit you, like Naim mu-so. If you want separate speakers then Kef LS50 wireless ii would be good but $ is a factor.

But there is so much you don't tell us,  it's hard to give advice.

What music do you play? How loud? Are you a details person or do you like a bit of tone too? Do listen intently or ambient? What is your music room like in dimensions and surfaces?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dr_carl said:

But there is so much you don't tell us,  it's hard to give advice.

+1

@Soundguru. Not sure why you are reluctant to tell us more?  The answer to your intial question on a streamer can range from a cheap Chromecast to a $50K Taiko Streamer.  Similarly for speakers, which can range from a few hundred dollars to hundreds of thousands....

yes prefer amplification,have seen a marantz amp at $989, looked at Bluesound vault 2  @$1300

looking for a better quality sound compared to Spotify and sonos speakers 

so my budget is $3000-$4000

Bluesound Node 2i

Rega Brio amplifier.

Wharfedale EVO 4.2 ( with stands )

Around $4K at RRP and this gives you flexibility for line inputs as well as a nice  phono stage if you wanted to try vinyl.

• Like 3

Just going to chuck out an option for you: look at something like a Cambridge CXN - very easy to use and very good performance for price. Then add a pair of powered speakers - budget like Acoustic Energy, more pricey like Kef Ls50, and many more excellent choices with no upper limit to price.

15 minutes ago, rantan said:

Bluesound Node 2i

Rega Brio amplifier.

Wharfedale EVO 4.2 ( with stands )

Around $4K at RRP and this gives you flexibility for line inputs as well as a nice  phono stage if you wanted to try vinyl.

thanks very much ,do you suggest also the bluesound vault 2 or does the Bluesound node 2i also rip and store?

3 minutes ago, sleach said:

Just going to chuck out an option for you: look at something like a Cambridge CXN - very easy to use and very good performance for price. Then add a pair of powered speakers - budget like Acoustic Energy, more pricey like Kef Ls50, and many more excellent choices with no upper limit to price.

thanks for that 

1 minute ago, Soundguru said:

thanks very much ,do you suggest also the bluesound vault 2 or does the Bluesound node 2i also rip and store?

happy to help.

If you require a rip and store facility you will need the Vault, although at the Vault's RRP I would be spending just a little bit more and buying an Innuos Zen Mini, which I think would be a large step up. It has rip, store and an onboard dac and can be upgraded later on with the linear power supply.

I have yet to adopt streaming but if and when I do, the Innuos will be my first choice.

I suggest you send a PM to @Hydrology who can assist you with Rega , Innuos and Wharfedale with customer service second to none.

• Like 2