Jump to content

music streamers any recommendation? also most suitable speakers.


Recommended Posts

yes prefer amplification,have seen a marantz amp at $989, looked at Bluesound vault 2  @$1300

looking for a better quality sound compared to Spotify and sonos speakers 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One box solutions could suit you, like Naim mu-so. If you want separate speakers then Kef LS50 wireless ii would be good but $ is a factor.

 

But there is so much you don't tell us,  it's hard to give advice.

 

What music do you play? How loud? Are you a details person or do you like a bit of tone too? Do listen intently or ambient? What is your music room like in dimensions and surfaces?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


18 minutes ago, dr_carl said:

But there is so much you don't tell us,  it's hard to give advice.

+1

 

@Soundguru. Not sure why you are reluctant to tell us more?  The answer to your intial question on a streamer can range from a cheap Chromecast to a $50K Taiko Streamer.  Similarly for speakers, which can range from a few hundred dollars to hundreds of thousands....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes prefer amplification,have seen a marantz amp at $989, looked at Bluesound vault 2  @$1300

looking for a better quality sound compared to Spotify and sonos speakers 

so my budget is $3000-$4000

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bluesound Node 2i

Rega Brio amplifier.

Wharfedale EVO 4.2 ( with stands )

 

Around $4K at RRP and this gives you flexibility for line inputs as well as a nice  phono stage if you wanted to try vinyl.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites


Just going to chuck out an option for you: look at something like a Cambridge CXN - very easy to use and very good performance for price. Then add a pair of powered speakers - budget like Acoustic Energy, more pricey like Kef Ls50, and many more excellent choices with no upper limit to price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, rantan said:

Bluesound Node 2i

Rega Brio amplifier.

Wharfedale EVO 4.2 ( with stands )

 

Around $4K at RRP and this gives you flexibility for line inputs as well as a nice  phono stage if you wanted to try vinyl.

thanks very much ,do you suggest also the bluesound vault 2 or does the Bluesound node 2i also rip and store?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sleach said:

Just going to chuck out an option for you: look at something like a Cambridge CXN - very easy to use and very good performance for price. Then add a pair of powered speakers - budget like Acoustic Energy, more pricey like Kef Ls50, and many more excellent choices with no upper limit to price.

thanks for that 

Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, Soundguru said:

thanks very much ,do you suggest also the bluesound vault 2 or does the Bluesound node 2i also rip and store?

happy to help.

 

If you require a rip and store facility you will need the Vault, although at the Vault's RRP I would be spending just a little bit more and buying an Innuos Zen Mini, which I think would be a large step up. It has rip, store and an onboard dac and can be upgraded later on with the linear power supply.

I have yet to adopt streaming but if and when I do, the Innuos will be my first choice.

 

I suggest you send a PM to @Hydrology who can assist you with Rega , Innuos and Wharfedale with customer service second to none.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...