SOLD: FS: Tekton Lore speakers

SOLD
Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Wollongong
State: NSW
Payment Method: Paypal (F&F or buyer pays fees), EFT, Cash
Reason for selling: New Tekton's arriving

My white Tekton Lore's that i've owned since new (April 2020) are up for sale - only due to the fact that after 5 months wait my order for their bigger brother (The Perfect SET 2-10) has finally landed in Oz!

Current wait time on getting these is about 8-12 weeks as they are made to order, so save yourself a chunk of cash and time. 

I paid $1500 USD for the speakers including shipping and then financed ScoMo's Hawaii trip by with another $900 AUDin customs charges and 'handling fees' - so all up about $3k AUD to get these into Australia. 

I don't know that many people in Oz have Tekton's but they are just simply a superb speaker for not much money and are incredibly easy to drive - i had a 7w amp powering these for a while and sounded superb - check out the review of the Lore's here: 

SPECIFICATIONS:

• Positive Feedback Writers' Choice Award Winner
  • Perfect impulse time-alignment
  • 10" Lore transducer
  • Audax Gold dome tweeter
  • 98dB 1W@1m
  • 8 Ohm impedance
  • 30Hz-30kHz frequency response
  • 200 Watts power handling
  • Height 39"(99.60cm) x Width 12"(30.48cm) x Depth 13"(33.02cm)
  • Weight 60 lbs
  • Manufactured in the USA

due to the size and weight of these at this stage I'm listing for pickup only as I don't want to take the risk shipping these unless i can't sell them locally. I have most of the heavy duty packaging from them being shipped from the USA but not the tops of the boxes- but can be wrapped for transport in your car/van. 

Alternatively if you live in Sydney I might be able to deliver for a small fee (got a giant station wagon) - we can chat 

IMG_8095.jpeg

IMG_8096.jpeg

IMG_8098.jpeg

Edited by DrMikeOz
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, Braddles 63 said:

Do you have the original boxes and packaging?

Looking forward to your thoughts on the difference between the Lore and the PS!

Alas missing the tops of the boxes - got all the other packaging materials so pick up only at this stage. Hoping the PS will be in my hands on Saturday all things going well! 

I've heard these lovely white things. The sound was very similar to/ at least equal to my Zu Audio Druid Mk4's- which cost considerably more in 2008 dollars.  An effortless room filling presentation which captures the excitement of live music. . For the price these are a total bargain.

• Like 2

I have found the packaging material and boxes that the speakers shipped in - so happy to repackage and ship interstate if wanted.  They came all the way from the USA in these so they should be able to handle a few thousand km.

IMG_8119.jpeg

Edited by DrMikeOz

Tekton are such an interesting brand.

I would love some double impacts. 

Its great to see speakers differing from the normal, at affordable prices. 

Too bad they are US based. 

Edited by Grizaudio