Custom made stand mount speakers

Item Condition: Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Newport
State: VIC
Payment Method: EFT or cash
Reason for selling: Funding a new set up

Further information:

For sale are my beloved standmount speakers. Bought these off a fellow member years ago, but via ebay. Here's his detailed description from the original ad:

RARE!! CUSTOM MADE!! HIGH POWER STANDMOUNT SPEAKERS!! VISATON RIBBONS TWEETERS!!
* RARE!!
* CUSTOM MADE!!
* LARGE HIGH POWER STANDMOUNT SPEAKERS!!
* 3-WAY BASS REFLEX DESIGN...REAR BASS PORT SLOT!!
* EXPENSIVE "VISATON" RIBBON TWEETERS - MHT-12......Tweeters alone worth over $200.00 Each!!
* DME N220CS HIGH POWER BASS DRIVERS RATED AT 100W/200W PEAK!!
* DAYTON AUDION DOME MIDRANGE DC 50F-8 (8 inch)
* ELABORATE & EXPENSIVE EXTERNAL CROSSOVER NETWORKS..........3 sets of cables connect 
separately to bass/mid/tweeter terminals (see pics)
* EXCELLENT WORKING ORDER!!
* ALL SPEAKERS & SURROUNDS IN EXCELLENT UNDAMAGED CONDITION!!
* ALL SPEAKERS WORK PROPERLY!!
* PLEASE NOTE:
-custom made enclosures (8/10) with real wood veneer (not vinyl) has wax matt finish
-no cloth grills as they look superb without them
-enclosures are very heavy and have a bass slot/port at the rear (see pics)
-suggested amp power...50W - 150W
-some comments about these amazing speakers:
I enjoy the way they didn't compress with high levels and complex music, the units are all well 
engineered to behave under stress!
Speaking of which the bass units (DME N220CS) are rated at 100w RMS, 200w peak, they have a 
large magnet and vented pole piece. They cross over at 450hz to the Dayton Audio DC 50F-8, which 
is low for a dome midrange,
the large rear chamber on the dome encourages a low resonant frequency for this unit, allowing 
most of the midrange to come through it and not just the upper mid, with advantages regarding the 
depth and
transparency of the sound.
This unit crosses over at 3.3 khz to the Visaton ribbon (MHT 12). The electrical slopes are all 2nd 
order, wired in positive polarity.
-STANDS IN PICS "NOT INCLUDED"...sorry.
* ENCLOSURE DIMENSIONS: 
WIDTH 275mm
HEIGHT 660mm
DEPTH: 300mm 
WEIGHT.......Heavy.....about 18Kg each

I've been instructed that the hifi clutter has to go, so I've spent a fortune (well for me anyway) on a set of Buchardt A500's. I don't want to let these go, but I need the money.

You can see them in the context of my system here:

Look the cabinets aren't perfect (see pics below) but they work perfectly. You can see I took off the trim from the above pics to allow me to attach some home made grills with Velcro in the pics below. A bit of TLC will get them looking nice again. 

Cross overs are external to the speaker cabinet. Would have been nice if I put them in nice boxes, but I only ever managed to put them in plastic kitchen containers. You can have them if you want. 

Comes with the stands and the speaker cables, which come from Blue Jeans. 

Photos:20201122_150021.thumb.jpg.e76367e334ba396d920157cae07ecaca.jpg

20201123_192820.thumb.jpg.51ec812b043aa95604424dca7a153e65.jpg20201123_192835.thumb.jpg.b69e95d44a4c9ff19ab34ac2a21825f7.jpg

• Like 1