Help choosing new speakers to match existing amp

I have a bit of a dilemma and hoping for some advice, I’m currently running a 3.1 setup on a Denon x2300w with some cheap Sony speakers and a sub. I’m looking to upgrade and initially was looking at the Monitor audio bronze 500’s or the Paradigm Monitor SE 6000F with matching centres and a SVS 2000 pro sub, however after hearing the Monitor Audio Silver 300 with matching 350 centre. I can’t go back. My issue is will my Denon power these sufficiently for home theatre usage or should I save my money and stick with the original speakers I was interested in as so far as I know they are more suited to an Amp of that level.

2 hours ago, hopefullguy said:

silver 300 is 90 db sensitivity @ 8 ohms, not a problem for just about any avr. but for HT you need 5.1.

Thanks. isn’t it possible under certain loads like with more bass when it operates at other resistances it would need more than the 95w my amp can supply at normal volumes 

As to other speakers  I get that I just find sounds coming from behind distracting, if I was gaming I could see a point but in movies it just feels like a gimmick. 

Edited by Garbo
  • Like 1

this is going to sound really bad and sorry in advance but dont buy a centre, just get 1 sub and 2 fronts and watch your movies in stereo.

movies are mixed for surround sound, if you dont have at least 5.1 no need for a centre, waste of money. go stereo.

1 hour ago, hopefullguy said:

this is going to sound really bad and sorry in advance but dont buy a centre, just get 1 sub and 2 fronts and watch your movies in stereo.

movies are mixed for surround sound, if you dont have at least 5.1 no need for a centre, waste of money. go stereo.

Fair call and something to consider. To my original issue would I be hearing the difference between the MA Silver 300's and the MA Bronze 500's using my Amp or will I be needing something more substantial and there for better off saving a few dollars 

Edited by Garbo
3 hours ago, Garbo said:

To my original issue would I be hearing the difference between the MA Silver 300's and the MA Bronze 500's using my Amp or will I be needing something more substantial and there for better off saving a few dollars 

Hey Garbo....

You will definitely hear the difference between the Silver and the Bronze on your amp.  If you've heard them and you like them - then grab them!  Trust your ears 😎

Plenty of time to upgrade your amp at a later time if you feel it necessary.

Your current Denon will have no trouble running the MA Silver 300's - and it will sound excellent! 

• Like 1

Just in time.

There is a pair of the excellent Silver 300 for sale in the classified section. They are new and unused at a great price through a highly reputable seller/member.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rantan said:

Just in time.

There is a pair of the excellent Silver 300 for sale in the classified section. They are new and unused at a great price through a highly reputable seller/member.

Thanks @rantan speakers still available in melbourne