Ok - what is this?

If these were authentic Blue Note and Verve pressings it would seem waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too good to be true.

Grey label euro trash? Surely?

8 minutes ago, don76 said:

Ok - what is this?

If these were authentic Blue Note and Verve pressings it would seem waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too good to be true.

Grey label euro trash? Surely?

Who knows. I’m gonna find out around Xmas. Worst case they can go on eBay for $15 each and I’ll use the profit to buy some real records ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

for $7 each, what have you got to lose?

Edited by RankStranger
  • Like 1

I picked these up a month or so ago when it was 10 records for $78 shipped (seems the be the same value as this one) and it's the real deal.

All excess stock from the Jazz 33 1/3 collectors series. Properly licensed by DeAgostini and genuinely excellent quality pressings. I would recommend

I first read about it here: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/zavvi-best-of-jazz-starter-kit-all-time-classics-albums-set-of-10-mystery-vinyl-lp.990763/page-3

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 29/11/2020 at 11:59 PM, don76 said:

Please report back.

If they're legit - that's deal of the year!

arrived today. Haven’t listened to any yet but they turned up at least and that’s a start :) 

• Like 2

Just checked and current special is $68 shipped for 6 records which still isn’t terrible, now that you know they’ll at least show up. 

even if they’re not great pressings they could be good gifts for that niece or nephew who just got their first turntable. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/01/2021 at 3:05 PM, RankStranger said:

arrived today. Haven’t listened to any yet but they turned up at least and that’s a start :) 

What titles did you get? Mine were the below, happy to swap those last 2 if you had any doubles?

Cannonball Adderley - Somethin' Else

Stan Getz / João Gilberto Featuring Antonio Carlos Jobim - Getz / Gilberto

Duke Ellington • Charlie Mingus • Max Roach - Money Jungle

Dexter Gordon - Go!

Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um

Ella Fitzgerald And Louis Armstrong - Ella And Louis

Ben Webster meets Oscar Peterson - Ben Webster Meets Oscar Peterson

Sonny Rollins With Orchestra Conducted By Oliver Nelson - Alfie

Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch!

Ornette Coleman - New York Is Now!

I got mine in the mail yesterday after coming across this post. 

I have a spare of Ella and Louis if anyone wants to swap.  

9 hours ago, BlackCoffee said:

What titles did you get? Mine were the below, happy to swap those last 2 if you had any doubles?

Stan Getz / João Gilberto Featuring Antonio Carlos Jobim - Getz / Gilberto

Duke Ellington • Charlie Mingus • Max Roach - Money Jungle

Dexter Gordon - Go!

Sonny Rollins With Orchestra Conducted By Oliver Nelson - Alfie

Eric Dolphy - Out To Lunch!

Ornette Coleman - New York Is Now!

image.thumb.jpg.947fac7e6cbb0e2f7086c74a7283ac1c.jpg

here’s my haul. The only ones I’m really familiar with are somethin else, which I like and Getz/Gilberto, which I hate (effin bossa). I played the dexter Gordon and it sounded pretty good on my modest deck. 

8 hours ago, Special K said:

I got mine in the mail yesterday after coming across this post. 

I have a spare of Ella and Louis if anyone wants to swap.  

if there’s any of mine you’re interested in, I’d be happy to swap for Ella and Louis. I’m in Melbourne too

11 hours ago, RankStranger said:

here’s my haul. The only ones I’m really familiar with are somethin else, which I like and Getz/Gilberto, which I hate (effin bossa). I played the dexter Gordon and it sounded pretty good on my modest deck. 

if there’s any of mine you’re interested in, I’d be happy to swap for Ella and Louis. I’m in Melbourne too

Very nice! Similar to mine by the looks of it.

@Special K has a spare of Ella and Louis too, I'll be hanging on to mine though sorry!

11 hours ago, crtexcnndrm99 said:

What pressing did they turn out to be? DOL? 

All from this series: https://www.discogs.com/label/956425-Jazz-At-3313-rpm

Quality is genuinely excellent and it looks like you can pick them up cheap enough now that people have been picking up copies through sales like these .

• Like 1
11 hours ago, RankStranger said:

Wait till we have another 36 degree day, pour yourself a cocktail, and give the Getz/Gilberto another try.

Some music works better in the context it was created for.

:)

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, don76 said:

Wait till we have another 36 degree day, pour yourself a cocktail, and give the Getz/Gilberto another try.

Some music works better in the context it was created for.

:)

I’ve had a digital copy for a while that I’ve listened to a few times but it’s never stuck. I grew up in the 80s so bossa just has a terrible association with d-bags that I can’t shake :D 

Also, it’s the only shrink-wrapped one so I’ll keep it that way until I get around to selling it

Im happy my lot arrived today and a bit sad that I didnt get any that I was hoping for... well its good to have Time Out on Vinyl.

Happy to discuss swapping some if anyone is interested meeting up within 15 minutes of Elwood. Ive either got these or just not interested.

cheers 

20210203_114004.thumb.jpg.166fbafe18f72c30fdf0b7e96c83542a.jpgKeen to get in order:

On 29/01/2021 at 10:40 AM, BlackCoffee said:

Very nice! Similar to mine by the looks of it.

@Special K has a spare of Ella and Louis too, I'll be hanging on to mine though sorry!

All from this series: https://www.discogs.com/label/956425-Jazz-At-3313-rpm

Quality is genuinely excellent and it looks like you can pick them up cheap enough now that people have been picking up copies through sales like these .

Sorry all. Potentially found a home for them already.