Queensland Audio Club meeting

Could someone post the address of tomorrows meeting at Ningi.

I'm staying at a friends place tonight at Redcliffe (I live in Ipswich) and I left the address

behind.

It would be a shame to get half way there and then have to miss the meeting.

cheers,

Andrew

Edited by Pegasus
remove phone number

Straight copy from the QAC e-mail.

Peter has 3 systems

System 1: Mac, Itunes, Pure Music, Meridian 506-20 cdp Meridian 101, 103d pre/power DIY Vifa standmounts.

System 2: modded acrylic Transcriptor /SME3009 / Denon dl103r / Denon SUT/ Perreaux pre / 6c33cb set monoblocks / modded ESL 57 and DIY subs.

System3: HT 6m screen in dedicated 6x9 shed Optoma Dlp projector, Samsung bdp, Yamaha 7.2 DSP A1 receiver plus aux power amps.

Bring whatever hardware or software or vinyl you like.

Peter will provide sausages from the BBQ so please bring some salad or a sweet to share.

10:00 to 16:00 hrs. [10 to 4.]

See you there Andrew.

Steven.

Edited by Listener
delete address

Your not going to get away with that mate

Spill the beans and tell us why it was an enjoyable day

FR

Pete's 6m cinima screen, yes you heard that right S I X M E T E R S W I D E, with STUNNING!! picture quality and high quality surround sound, much much better than the movies.

Hand made Mono Block valve amps with, quite frankly the biggest Iron I have ever seen in a valve amp ANYWHERE!!. Not to mention the amps are built around a tube that resides inside a Russian Mig fighter jet, OUTSTANDING!!

Hand built Acrylic plinthed transcription turntable with SME 3009 arm and dennon 103 cart, that just played beatiful music, sent to a modded pair Quad ESL 57's, the bottom end supported with a pair of 12inch Shiva woofers.

The Meridian had a 'Hissy Fit' so a couple of the guys brought up some other gear, I wasn't quite paying attention at the latter part of the day, so one of the guys might be able to explain what the hell was going on with the music server, I was just enjoying the tunes.

Pete's 6m cinima screen, yes you heard that right S I X M E T E R S W I D E, with STUNNING!! picture quality and high quality surround sound, much much better than the movies.

Hand made Mono Block valve amps with, quite frankly the biggest Iron I have ever seen in a valve amp ANYWHERE!!. Not to mention the amps are built around a tube that resides inside a Russian Mig fighter jet, OUTSTANDING!!

Hand built Acrylic plinthed transcription turntable with SME 3009 arm and dennon 103 cart, that just played beatiful music, sent to a modded pair Quad ESL 57's, the bottom end supported with a pair of 12inch Shiva woofers.

The Meridian had a 'Hissy Fit' so a couple of the guys brought up some other gear, I wasn't quite paying attention at the latter part of the day, so one of the guys might be able to explain what the hell was going on with the music server, I was just enjoying the tunes.

Absolutely amazing :)

Well I am going to the next one if I am allowed

Do I need to join ;)

FR

Absolutely amazing :)

Well I am going to the next one if I am allowed

Do I need to join ;)

FR

You will need to join FR. So you get on the mailing list for meetings. You'll meet lots of great people, with oodles of knowledge (Although that can be intimidating at first) you'll soon settle in and become familar with the different jargon that gets thrown around, and you'll be speaking 'KLINGON' in no time LOL! Tej has the right link provided, just fill in the form and wait for David to send you an welcome email, and your good to go. Hope to see you at a future meet, maybe even my place, once I get my **** into gear, and get some quality sound going. LOL!

You will need to join FR. So you get on the mailing list for meetings. You'll meet lots of great people, with oodles of knowledge (Although that can be intimidating at first) you'll soon settle in and become familar with the different jargon that gets thrown around, and you'll be speaking 'KLINGON' in no time LOL! Tej has the right link provided, just fill in the form and wait for David to send you an welcome email, and your good to go. Hope to see you at a future meet, maybe even my place, once I get my **** into gear, and get some quality sound going. LOL!

Yes I have already sent an email

I hope that I wasn't to cheeky in my introduction

And yes I hope to see you in a future meeting

Regards

FR

Big thanks to all who made the trip to the QAC meeting.

It was a very enjoyable experience and great to catch up with old friends and make some new ones as well!!

-and also a really good reason to clean up my shed!

• 2 weeks later...