SOLD: FS: Astell & Kern - AK240 - Digital Audio Player

Item Condition: Excellent
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Melbourne
State: VIC
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:

This is an outstanding, former A&K flagship model portable audio player. Selling for $1800 to a demo unit at A2A or $2400 new (links below).

I replaced a Chord Mojo with this and it is vastly better build quality and sound. Mojo plus Poly is bulky compared to this and made of plastic with no screen. This is made from one piece of duralumin metal and has an AMOLED touch screen. 

It has the Chord Poly equivalent function of being able to control it using your phone with its app (I used it with its native Tidal when not at home and got signal by tethering it to my phone, and collection on NAS when at home). Was great with my old Andromeda IEMs and balanced cable. 

Dual DACs, has a balanced out, 384gb capacity. No issues with battery. The marks on screen are from the plastic protective cover, there aren’t any scratches or marks on it. Can use as a preamp, external USB DAC or music server in a system. 

Comes with an (unnecessarily high quality Italian) leather case, unused, and box. 

Buyer to cover PayPal fees and postage if required. 

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/astell-kern-ak240

https://www.theaudiotailor.com.au/products/astell-kern-ak240-high-resolution-audio-player

https://www.astellnkern.com/eng/content/shop/features.asp?mcg=CG110000&mpos=0&scg=CG210240&spos=2&tcg=&tpos=0&gcode=SC10840

https://www.tonepublications.com/review/astellkern-ak240/
Photos:

16249F8A-8530-4870-B752-85B6875D6FDF.jpeg

69DF0089-4700-4BFE-B270-AC68489F0782.jpeg

8D88F3EE-9174-47CF-9F05-FAE7EF96AC8A.jpeg

769E4F89-4487-4954-A5FE-818E7DC2D84E.jpeg

6F2D839C-22F2-40EF-B5A8-C53D0C80D94D.jpeg

• Like 2

Sorry all, mailbox was full. Can’t work out how to delete multiple messages on my iPhone anymore. Did something change?

Anyway, few people interested so expect first in line will take it. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Klaus220
      Item Condition: new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Merrylands State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal +3%, EFT, cash on pickup Reason for selling: not needed Further information:

Selling new (sealed) Astell & Kern SR15 + NEW (sealed) SR15 leather case.

I purchased them from Addicted to Audio on 12.12.2020. I was going to use it, but changed my mind.

If you want, I can provide the receipt as well   

thank you!
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By Klaus220
      Item Condition: NEW Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Merrylands State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal+3%, EFT, cash on pickup Reason for selling: I have too many DAPs Further information:
       Selling new (sealed) Astell & Kern SR15 + NEW (sealed) SR15 leather case.

initially purchased from Addicted to Audio, I was going to use it, but changed my mind.

thank you!
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By betty boop
      Any Astell & Kern owners out there ? 

I just realised there isnt actually an Astell and Kern owners thread ? surely we would need one  

perhaps we can have a thread like this to talk of such things....  in appreciation off... getting the best out of in setup.... any woes and troubles... am sure many owners out there and we can help each other enjoy these lovely things ! 

to kick things off...

am proud owner of a SP2000, and what a magnificent thing it is ... right from unwrapping with the lovely box comes in... which is now put away safely....

I got it in copper to match my headphones and with the lovely brown leather case it comes with. cant believe it comes with screen protectors as well !  

I can only best describe it as an Ingot ! gosh its heavy and like been hewn from a slab of metal. so well made. and feels very slick in operation. and sounds superb with the headphones ! 

• By Brenden_G
      Price: $130 Item Condition: Brand New/Sealed Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Bendigo State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Not Required Further information: New and Unused. Came bundled with a new player, but I have a headphone amp on my desk at work so this is not required. I can post anywhere in Australia at buyers expense, or local pick up is available, but no preferred in the current environment.

Audio
      Codec: SBC, AAC, aptX™, aptX™ HD
      Port: 2.5mm Balanced / 3.5mm Unbalanced
      Output Level: 2.5mm Balanced : 1.8Vrms / 3.5mm Unbalanced : 0.9Vrms
      Battery
      Battery Type: 350mAh 3.7V lithium polymer rechargeable battery
      Hours of Operation: Approximately 5 hours for music playing and phone calls
      Standby Time: Up to 300 hours
      Charging Time: Approximately 2 hours
      Charging Method: Micro USB 5Pin (charging 5V 2A)

Photos: 

• By Brenden_G
      Price: $160 Item Condition: Brand New/Sealed Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Bendigo State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Not needed Further information: Brand new /sealed Astell & Kern headphone AMP/DAC.

Photos: