Rythmik Audio Owners & Discussion Thread

Good to see a Rythmik owners' thread.  Recently bought 2 x F15SE from Rythmik direct before the S.E.A distro came into the picture.  I sold one off because of wife's constant nagging.  

4 months ago, Bro Xfi and I had the F15 built by our local DIY Guru, Bro Synthesis.  We were deeply impressed and sold the DIY F15, going for a much bigger Rythmik sub. The F25 was on our buying list but Brian Ding (owner of Rythmik audio) later informed the F25 was currently catered for US market only until further notice.  I guess shipping fee is a bomb.

Coming from Paradigm PDR10, Pardigm PS1000 and SVS PB12-NSD, Rythmik's bass is much faster, tighter and cleaner than any of the sub I used to have.   Music and movies never sound the same like before.   I'm also quite surprised my F15SE can dig deeper and deliver the visceral feel much better than any subs I used to have.  The new experience is totally phenomenon. The cornices on my ceilings are shaking even more vigorously.     I'm glad I've made the switch to a sealed sub.  

My next upgrade will be a Hsu MBM-12 to boost the flat mid-bass in Rythmik sub and a customised Subwoofer isolation pad from Elemental Design.  Meanwhile I'm using the Styrofoam that came with the shipping box as a supporting base.  

It seems that the local community is now more aware of this brand. 2 thumbs up for Rythmik

Dual F15 owner here. 1 is PEQ2 DI and the other PEQ2. Will upgrade to DI within the next few weeks when I get the board.

I also had the FV15HP for a short while.

The FV15HP is a beast. Output wise it easily put out SPL louder than dual F15s. The F15s in my room dig deeper and since in my case music is a priority, sealed subs are more to my liking.

I think Rythmiks are exceptional value now that there are local dealers to support Rythmik.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I've got a F12 too. Just wondering what type of RCA interconnects are you guys using to hook up your sub? Also what's the difference between using a single subwoofer interconnect versus RCA? A little clueless regarding this so I really appreciate any advise/tips, thanks!

Hi guys, I've got a F12 too. Just wondering what type of RCA interconnects are you guys using to hook up your sub? Also what's the difference between using a single subwoofer interconnect versus RCA? A little clueless regarding this so I really appreciate any advise/tips, thanks!

I use a single cable for mine (subwoofer out from avr). The difference between using L/R RCA split would be about 6dB gain. No difference in sound or anything.

Owner of 2 F15s here. Can say that I can't be any happier with the sound I'm getting. 2 F15s are more than enough to provide any Ground shaking SPL and there are times when I have to turn down the SW level to make sure no objects starts dropping down to the floor.

What pleases me most is the quality of the bass. I watched The Sorcerer's Apprentice yesterday and man, I like to be blown away! It is hard to describe "articulate", "fast", "tight" and really, it is best appreciated by listening.

Owner of F12 here.  Has anyone use the equalization in the PEQ?  I tried to digest from the website what to do.  But did not quite understand it.  Seems like it is only correcting 1 peak.  I suppose if you have Audessey, you won't need to fiddle with it right?

Owner of F12 here.  Has anyone use the equalization in the PEQ?  I tried to digest from the website what to do.  But did not quite understand it.  Seems like it is only correcting 1 peak.  I suppose if you have Audessey, you won't need to fiddle with it right?

Yes, the PEQ is to correct one peak (or valley - not really recommended). In my experience, if u have a large peak, its better to tame it then run Audyssey. That way u free up the filters in Audyssey. Also I hv seen in the past when u have a large peak and a fall off (and then it recovers, so in essence not the -3dB point for the sub), Audssey tends to sometimes catch that as the false -3dB point of ur sub.

Just got the F12SE - A370PEQ2.

Slightly different control w.r.t. the link.

Is there a better manual somewhere ?

Link to PEQ2 amp guide.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/download/A370PEQ2.pdf

Link to sub tuner (Java) to help with some basic settings to blend with ur mains.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/subtuner2.html

Let me know if u need further help and I will try to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Brother,better act fast as from what I know the price will be increase sooner once the dealer is settled in Singapore

by  May or June.!!

will there be any issue if i run f15 instead of f12? since that the price diff is not that big.