Black Friday Scores

What did you get?

I picked up Norah Jones’ Playdate, and Chris Cornell’s Patience 7” (which I actually want the B-side - Nothing Compares to You - the one on YouTube at the radio station).

Edited by Guest
21 minutes ago, crtexcnndrm99 said:

Nice! Probably should’ve have researched that Norah Jones one... I picked up The Herbie Hancock Trio, but missed the Bill Evans RTI pressed 2Lp sadly. 

NJ still available at Discrepancy.

On 27/11/2020 at 12:18 PM, Billy Shears said:

What did you get?

I picked up Norah Jones’ Playdate, and Chris Cornell’s Patience 7” (which I actually want the B-side - Nothing Compares to You - the one on YouTube at the radio station).

His cover of Nothing Compares to You is sublime

1 minute ago, NoCoder said:

His cover of Nothing Compares to You is sublime

Absolutely - and while I’m 100% sure it was a digital recording, hopefully it was recorded in at least red book. Even the YouTube sounds pretty impressive.

I just need someone to take his best version of Billie Jean and do something similar (best I’ve ever found is 320k MP3).

16 minutes ago, Billy Shears said:

Absolutely - and while I’m 100% sure it was a digital recording, hopefully it was recorded in at least red book. Even the YouTube sounds pretty impressive.

I just need someone to take his best version of Billie Jean and do something similar (best I’ve ever found is 320k MP3).

why not just buy the vinyl?

https://www.amazon.com.au/Chris-Cornell-Soundgarden-Temple-Dog/dp/B07G1SMVZ1/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Chris+Cornell&qid=1606707208&s=music&sr=1-1

12 minutes ago, Billy Shears said:

I’ve been looking for an at least CD quality version of this:

just quickly had a listen to both - yes, different.   both terrible butchering of poor Michael's song imo.   YMMV

good luck

2 minutes ago, metal beat said:

just quickly had a listen to both - yes, different.   both terrible butchering of poor Michael's song imo.   YMMV

good luck

Lol - to me it’s fixing the song!

Chris Cornell’s Live in Sweden is probably the best SQ for a 320kbps release I have. It has never been released in any other format, and is free for download, and it contains most of the songs discussed, recommended.