Jensen ISO-MAX PC-2XR XLR to RCA converter / isolator -- Relist | Price drop

Item Condition: Great - minor scuffs
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Fitzroy North
State: VIC
Payment Method: EFT to PayID, Cash on Pickup.
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:

This is the premium device you want if you want to convert balanced output (XLR) to single ended (RCA).

The Iso•Max PC-2XR is a two channel pro-to-consumer isolator that is used to convert a +4 dBu line-level device to -10 dBV for consumer-level signals such as connecting the balanced output from a mixing desk to the unbalanced input of a hand-held video recorder or lap-top computer.
Converts +4 dB balanced signals to -10 dB unbalanced
Eliminates hum and buzz caused by ground loops
Ruler flat frequency response from 10 Hz to 140 kHz
Plug and play easy to use, no power required.

https://www.jensen-transformers.com/product/pc-2xr/

Photos:

1717183055_JensenISO-MAX_front.jpg.f11413546047539ff8032023980dd36b.jpg

37520853_JensenISO-MAX_back.jpg.0cf053f45aaa84273a6eef6828a9ee4a.jpg

1577350758_JensenISO-MAX_bottom.jpg.2462d85f9857b6e2dfa8fdcd292b2b38.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jamiebosco said:

These products (Jensen) are awesome! I had some  sub hum in my previous config and the Sub-2RR helped eliminate it

They contain transformers, right?

I used to love signal transformers for audio back during my tube days (some 30+ years ago), but lost sight of them and grew to distrust them for whatever reasons. The recent addition of a TVC to my system rekindled my love for them. The TVC solves this very same problem (balanced/single-ended conversion) for me as a side effect.

I can only encourage people to give this Jensen device a shot. In terms of elegant simplicity and sheer transparency those transformers set the benchmark for balanced/single-ended conversion, IMO. Isolation is the cherry on the cake.

Edited by Steffen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Steffen said:

They contain transformers, right?

I used to love signal transformers for audio back during my tube days (some 30+ years ago), but lost sight of them and grew to distrust them for whatever reasons. The recent addition of a TVC to my system rekindled my love for them. The TVC solves this very same problem (balanced/single-ended conversion) for me as a side effect.

I can only encourage people to give this Jensen device a shot. In terms of elegant simplicity and sheer transparency those transformers set the benchmark for balanced/single-ended conversion, IMO. Isolation is the cherry on the cake.

Yes transformers inside, flat response down to 3Hz too!