SOLD: SOLD: FS: Classe cap80 integrated amplifier

Item Condition: Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Eagleby
State: QLD
Payment Method: Bank Transfer or Cash
Reason for selling: Trying vintage stuff

Further information:

This Canadian made stereo amp is in excellent condition and is conservatively rated at 80w @ 8ohms and 140w @ 4ohms. Comes with original heavy metal remote control.

Amp produces a nice bold sound which is very smooth with a nicely detailed midrange, accurate bass and slightly rolled off highs.

I would say is a on the warmer side of neutral (tube-y sounding) and should pair well with brighter speakers.

Upgraded binding posts to ETI Research bp20c as the original binding posts had very small holes to run my thick gauge bare speaker cable.

Full disclosure :

First two rca inputs are a little loose but work just fine and I have been using input 1 with no issues. The other input jacks are perfect.

3 missing screws from balanced inputs, easy fix just find the right size screws (jaycar xlr jacks come with mounting screws and should fit)

Amp produces a pop at turn on but I’ve read that it’s normal for classe amps as they dont employ relays in signal path.

Would prefer local pickup so buyer can come inspect and audition the amp. Please contact me for interstate shipping.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

E2AEBC85-B8CF-4393-A753-75D4EF93B87D.jpeg

D8BB112F-B96A-4E0D-B304-11EB60D3D23A.jpeg

8C58EBCD-FA5D-4F9C-A7E5-8BF961E72241.jpeg

707C9794-127C-4DED-A999-04EE1D37312D.jpeg

B23693F7-1A11-440A-A44C-E69EEEDF0CDA.jpeg

May I ask how  old this amplifier would be and was it purchased in Australia?

Thanks.

Edited by rantan