FS: Marantz 1030 vintage amplifier excellent

Item Condition: Very good working and looking condition
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Coburg North
State: VIC
Payment Method: Cash on Pickup, EFT
Reason for selling: Not needed

Further information:   Rare, gorgeous and sweet sounding amplifier from 1973, 15 very underrated watts (I tried this for fun on Magnepan LRS and it did not break a sweat..), this is the rarest version with pre-out main-in sockets. Cash on collection from Coburg North or EFT

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

_1110682.JPG

_1110684.JPG

_1110681.JPG

_1110683.JPG

_1110680.JPG

_1110679.JPG

2 hours ago, BlackCoffee said:

Great amp, it's been my daily driver for a few years now, GLWTS

I was hoping to fully refurbish the unit, though I am pondering costs.. for the limited power it does sound sweet, that great Marantz  midrange, female vocals are superb.

13 minutes ago, tortello77 said:

I was hoping to fully refurbish the unit, though I am pondering costs.. for the limited power it does sound sweet, that great Marantz  midrange, female vocals are superb.

Yeah, I would recommend refurbing unless you are looking to make a significant upgrade. I found it outperforms the similarly specced Pioneers and Sansuis from the era.

I had mine looked at and the caps swapped out when I got it, had nothing but good times since

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BlackCoffee said:

Yeah, I would recommend refurbing unless you are looking to make a significant upgrade. I found it outperforms the similarly specced Pioneers and Sansuis from the era.

I had mine looked at and the caps swapped out when I got it, had nothing but good times since

Hi, did you notice an improvement or change after the recap? Cheers

14 minutes ago, tortello77 said:

Hi, did you notice an improvement or change after the recap? Cheers

I did but more because it had a few small problems when I got it, a bit of buzzes and hums etc. that were all sorted. It wasn't like the soundstage improved or the sound sitself changed, ust that it ran really smoothly and much more quietly. If I recall correctly it needed some resoldering as well as the recap maybe, would have been around $100 for the work maybe?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackCoffee said:

I did but more because it had a few small problems when I got it, a bit of buzzes and hums etc. that were all sorted. It wasn't like the soundstage improved or the sound sitself changed, ust that it ran really smoothly and much more quietly. If I recall correctly it needed some resoldering as well as the recap maybe, would have been around $100 for the work maybe?

$100 for a complete recap is reaallly cheap, they probably just changed few inside. I am still amazed how clean it sounds!! 

2 hours ago, tortello77 said:

$100 for a complete recap is reaallly cheap, they probably just changed few inside. I am still amazed how clean it sounds!! 

True true, may not have been a full recap. Might hav ebeen just replacing a few troublemakers!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Flash said:

Very nice! 
I bought a 1090 as my first amp, and I’ve never had the heart to get rid of it. 

I had a 1030 that I gave away to a mate, and have a 1090 I use in my shed setup. Actually it's taking a break at the moment until I get around to doing a refurb on it.

• Like 2
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By candyflip
      Item Condition: As described below Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: BULLEEN State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: spare copy  
      John Martyn - Bless The Weather
      Europe 2017 repressing
      (602557071177)
      M/M SEALED and Brand New.
      I wasn't expecting much from this repress to be honest, but it's the best SQ I've heard ALL week!
      Terrific music in a gorgeous package.
      Pink rimmed labels (in case you're wondering!).
      Spare copy - I'm keeping mine.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Delivery Methods:  NO PICKUPS SORRY - mail only.
      Bank transfers, or PayPal (Friends & Family only, no notes) are both welcome.

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:
              Once sold, a donation to SNA of 5% of items total will follow.
              Any title here gets a brand new inner and/or outer quality Blake sleeve as needed before shipping.
              I try and ship 3-4 days a week.

THE SMALL PRINT:
             I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense for a full refund, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..
             Original contents are stored inside the cover.
      I try to ship all records themselves outside the cover, so any postal damage is minimised.
             I use mostly s/hand pre-made cardboard mailers for all orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).
             Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough) and is EXTRA (ie. not included in prices). 
            ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen.
      Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and it'll be fixed, in your favour.

• By candyflip
      Item Condition: As described below Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: BULLEEN State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: latest finds  
      Van McCoy & The Soul City Symphony - Disco Baby
       US 1975 OG in 100% factory shrink
      (Avco - AV-69006-698)
      VG+/M  SEALED!!
      Hole punch in bottom right corner of cover.
      Features the monster classic ‘The Hustle’.
      Rarity still untouched in original factory shrink.
      Gilbert KONG mastered disco fire! - "...The sound of this copy is absolutely unmatched. As if a whole orchestra is playing live in front of you. Brilliant."

______________________________________________________________________________________________

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:
              Any title here gets a brand new inner and/or outer quality Blake sleeve as needed before shipping.

THE SMALL PRINT:
             I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense for a full refund, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..
      I try to ship all records themselves outside the cover, so any postal damage is minimised.
             I use mostly s/hand pre-made cardboard mailers for all orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).
             Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough) and is EXTRA (ie. not included in prices). 
      Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and it'll be fixed, in your favour.
    • By Gazer01
      Item Condition: Used - Excellent as new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Port Pirie State: SA Payment Method: Bank Transfer, Paypal plus extra charge, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Trying out something else Further information: I'm selling my MingDa Valve amplifier as I want to try out something else. This has just been with me for almost 3 months now and I've enjoyed those 3 months with full tube goodness. So if you want to have that valve experience without breaking the bank then this is for you. Send me a PM for further enquiries. Thanks.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By candyflip
      Item Condition: As described below Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: BULLEEN State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: latest finds  
      Gregg Diamond, Bionic Boogie - Hot Butterfly
      US 1978 OG classic - Luther Vandross on vocals
      (PD-1-6162, 2391-373)
      VG+/M   SEALED!!
      Corner cut on top right corner.
      Insane cover, and great content.
      Rarity still untouched in original factory shrink.

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:

THE SMALL PRINT:
    • By Huckles
      Item Condition: used but mint Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Harrison State: ACT Payment Method: paypal, cash, bank deposit Reason for selling: not required Further information:  Aftermarket cable with HD800 connectors, 6.5mm input.  Short and light.  1.5 metres.  Came with a HD800s that I recently bought but I have my own cable so this is not required.  It's a great build with nice material, soft, light and much much shorter than the standard 3m cables from Sennheiser.  Could be an absolute bargain pickup as I don't have the info on the cable.  Donation will be made to StereoNet if sold here.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.