Services of projector calibrator required.

Just purchased a Optoma P2 projector and the Vividstorm 84" motorised projector.

Have a great pic already but why do things by half is I'm now seeking assistance from a calibration expert in Melbourne with the calibration setting up of the image.  

30 minutes ago, Bodalenko said:

Just purchased a Optoma P2 projector and the Vividstorm 84" motorised projector.

Have a great pic already but why do things by half is I'm now seeking assistance from a calibration expert in Melbourne with the calibration setting up of the image.  

Just waiting on confirmation of when @Clarity Calibration is next down our way! (Allowed out)

He comes highly recommended. 😉

• Like 1

Have heard back but since my setup is not in a dedicated inky black HT, but a family room/kitchen with a fair bit of ambient light hence the ALR screen, I don't know if it's worth the time, effort, and dollars.

Edited by Boda

13 minutes ago, Boda said:

Have heard back but since my setup is not in a dedicated inky black HT, but a family room/kitchen with a fair bit of ambient light hence the ALR screen, I don't know if it's worth the time, effort, and dollars.

I have mine setup in my lounge/dining so not inky black either.

However I generally don't use the projector during the day, but many of us have improved light leakage with roll down blinds or even curtains over open doorways.

Many solutions, and  not all that expensive! 😉

On 23/11/2020 at 9:05 PM, evil c said:

However I generally don't use the projector during the day, but many of us have improved light leakage with roll down blinds or even curtains over open doorways.

No my location has got all that but I'm thinking calibrating in less than ideal settings is never going to result in the best results.  Doing a calibration at night would be the answer but probably impractical.

Just now, Bodalenko said:

No my location has got all that but I'm thinking calibrating in less than ideal settings is never going to result in the best results.  Doing a calibration at night would be the answer but probably impractical.

Contraire, he is indeed booked in at my place in the evening - next Month.😊

On 23/11/2020 at 8:05 PM, evil c said:

Yeah, I've roll down blinds for mine. With the blinds down its more vivid than the TV upstairs. I went an ALR screen also. :)

Edited by MattyW