Campfire Audio Owners Thread

Hi, im just looking for opinions on the campfire audio cascades to help me decide on a purchasing them. Im curious what you think about the bass? Is it excessive? The fr looks decent, pretty flat through mids, minor raise in treble. Ive heard some say its v shaped, others not. 

For comparisons i think the meze neo or vmoda crossfades are the bassist hps ive heard, how does it compare to those.(didnt mind the bass on neos but they sounded muddy to me)

Basically, ive got a few open backs, senns hd800s, 600s, lcd2 fazor, working on getting clears(owned them, stupidly sold them) i need a closed back, figured the cascades being portable, having a bassy sound would fill a gap in collection but concerned they may be to much bass with recessed in mids.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Marc changed the title to Campfire Audio Owners Thread
  • 1 month later...

Not sure why Marc changed this thread to a Campfire Owners thread. Not many have Campfire products to warrant it.

Anyway. Did you buy a pair? I did ! Ask away!

Hi, i didn't purchase a pair...yet. What do you think of them? Could you describe the sound? Is the bass as big as people say? 

Thanks 

17 minutes ago, Clint37 said:

Hi, i didn't purchase a pair...yet. What do you think of them? Could you describe the sound? Is the bass as big as people say? 

Thanks 

I really like them. And I've been through a lot of gear!

I find it strong but not as bad as people say, and I rock stock pads, no filters. You can add the T4 filter to reduce bass too.

They are on special direct from ALO. I got them, the free SXC8 cable and a pair of the XL pads for $1150 AUD delivered.

Order the fabric pads too if you want, reduce the bass quantity and give more reference balance.

Thanks..i tried to order direct from their website once before and they didn't deliver to Australia. 

They do now!

Ask in the comments to a lower value to be declare to avoid the import tax. They oblige.

Enjoy!