FS: Chord Mojo DAC & Headphone Amplifier

Item Condition: Mint in Box
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: VIC 3160
State: VIC
Payment Method: Paypal or EFT
Reason for selling: Not using.

Further information: 

Imported new from Japan in 2019, thought I would use it for a desktop DAC but found it was not a good match to my headphones (HD800), so its been kept charged but unused since. Mint condition with accessories and box. PRICED TO SELL !

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

20201120_134043.jpg

20201120_134051.jpg

20201120_134123.jpg

20201120_134134.jpg

Edited by Sabercat
Adjust price

I suspect the high impedance of the HD800's is not the best match. Anyway I found bass to be lacking; not an issue on the Mojo with various lower impedance phones I've tried, as well as my Campfire Audio Andromeda's. I built a Bottlehead Crack tube amp and since then I'm happy as thats a great solution for the 800's. 

P9 Signatures (I have a pair myself) do work perfectly with Mojo  but I'm intending to sell those as well as I find them uncomfortable to wear; a shame as they sound great.

I would think (and based on some quick research this view is generally supported) that they are likely to sound similar, given they are both from the same designer, Rob Watts at Chord, use the same -though differently implemented- multiple filter tap in FPGA technology and even have similar transistor based output stages with pretty much the same power handling capability. The major difference of course is that Mojo is much more portable, and can be paired with the Poly streaming module.

Hi Yes its still available. If you are currently streaming from your phone directly into your amplifier then the Mojo should sound a lot better I am certain because it will bypass the noisy and usually low quality audio circuits in the phone’s headphone section, as well as provide the ability to access high bit rate streams.

You will need an “OTG” cable to connect to an Android phone as the Mojo needs USB, similarly you’d need the Apple lightning to USB cable adapter, and then just plug the Mojo’s supplied USB lead into this. There are plenty of online guides to using Mojo with Android and Apple phones...Androids can be tricky. I used PC and Mac mostly for the short period I used it though did get it to work fine with an iPad.