Hi ,is second hand gear ,a good option?

Soundguru

Second hand is fine, lots of cashed up people chasing the dream. Vintage on the other hand can be tricky, need diy skills however the rewards can be greater, purchasing "yesterdays" top of the line amps etc... with a bit of work they sound very good, a good option if you are on a tight budget.

• Like 1

Guest niterida

My entire home theatre is second hand except for 3 of my 11 speakers.

It consists of couch, 13 subs, 2 amps, xbox, JVC 4k e-shift projector, AVR, 4 xminiDSP, Shield TV, and several spare AVRs, 2 x 5.1 setups in other rooms and still with more spare speakers.

My theatre cost me about $5k instead of more like $15k and I have had very few issues with any of the gear.

In fact my whole house is almost entirely furnished with second hand - definitely the way to go.

8 hours ago, niterida said:

In fact my whole house is almost entirely furnished with second hand - definitely the way to go.

Same here...  I bought a new motor cycle in '94, and a new washing machine in '06...  Everything else has been 2nd hand.

I do buy new, and second hand vinyl... Can't remember the last new CD though, that was a good while ago.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 1