Retirement from real job

Hey guys 

As many of you know, I work as a surgical rep full time and make cables on the weekend.  On Monday I put in my notice to retire from my day job.   Next week I’m going on a weeks holiday, then work for one more week after that. Then retirement.    What this means Is that I will be able to get orders out faster, as I’ll be an old retired bastard needing something to do lol 

I will try and get most of the existing orders out by this weekend.  I’ll still be answering questions and taking orders next week for deliver ASAP.   

Cheers 

Bill 

• Like 62
  • Love 4
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys    As many of you know, I work as a surgical rep full time and make cables on the weekend.  On Monday I put in my notice to retire from my day job.   Next week I’m going on a weeks

Great news!   I've not ordered any cables from you because of what a slack arse I've heard you are! Four hours sleep each day is far too much! We want you poppin' speed and caffein

Good move Bill...nothing...absolutely nothing beats retirement...well maybe a Lotto win!    

Great news Bill.

Now  you can live the life of Riley.

Congratulations on what must  have been a great career. Whoever your employer was they were fortunate to have you.

All the very best mate.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hey Bill

thats great news for you and your cable users.  I retired a year ago and haven’t got enough time to do everything be in touch soon. 
bruce

• Like 2

• Administrators

Congratulations. Many people are scared of retirement and don't know what they will do with themselves. You've carved out a great little niche and something that you obviously enjoy. I'm glad that has worked out for you, and we look forward to seeing you even more frequently on here!

• Like 4

Great news!

I've not ordered any cables from you because of what a slack arse I've heard you are!

Four hours sleep each day is far too much!

We want you poppin' speed and caffeine and churning out your fabulous cables 24 hours a day.

Spoiler

Congrats and best for the future.

• Haha 7

Congrats Bill

Nothing beats retirement with a hobby to keep things interesting.

Imagine the time you'll now have to kick back and enjoy the music being made from your stereo setup and cables. Most folks are so time poor they barely have time to listen to their music so well done for making the decision.

Peter

• Love 2

i second what all the other guys have said bill,hope you enjoy your retirement,
remember to keep a box of bandaids handy for your thumb and forefinger for all the cables you will be twisting together,
all the best
ray.

• Like 1

Huge congrats, Bill. A well-earned opportunity to turn the page, and enjoy what comes next.

Your RCAs and XLRs are cooking nicely in my system....I'll be peppering your "retirement" for speaker cables soon enough.

All the very best for what lies ahead!

Paul

• Like 2

Congratulations Bill,

Such an envious position you have built for yourself,. Does it get much better doing something you love and working in a company where you are the R&D, marketing, production and CEO !!

Enjoy a well engineered retirement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 18/11/2020 at 5:11 PM, Bill125812 said:

Then retirement

I finished being in paid employment 14 years ago.  I never use the word retirement in the context of no longer being in paid employment.  The root of the word retirement from its French origins is to withdraw’.  It is as if one has gone to sleep.  I am now a gentleman of leisure.  Also not being in work beats working any day. 

Enjoy the freedom of your choices as to what you do each day.  It is quite liberating.

John

• Like 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Assisi said:

I finished being in paid employment 14 years ago.  I never use the word retirement in the context of no longer being in paid employment.  The root of the word retirement from its French origins is to withdraw’.  It is as if one has gone to sleep.  I am now a gentleman of leisure.  Also not being in work beats working any day. 

Enjoy the freedom of your choices as to what you do each day.  It is quite liberating.

John

I was confidently told by my workmates when I 'withdrew' from paid work I would be bored within a year and that I would be chaffing at the bit to re-enter the paid work world again... 

I said nahhhh...

I said I would rather sit in my kitchen looking out the window and watching the wind shake tree foliage all day whilst drinking cups of tea..than work. :)

When it comes to paid work of any form I am of the opinion of this Guru...

Edited by BLAH BLAH
  • Like 1
On 18/11/2020 at 5:11 PM, Bill125812 said:

Hey guys 

As many of you know, I work as a surgical rep full time and make cables on the weekend.  On Monday I put in my notice to retire from my day job.   Next week I’m going on a weeks holiday, then work for one more week after that. Then retirement.    What this means Is that I will be able to get orders out faster, as I’ll be an old retired bastard needing something to do lol 

I will try and get most of the existing orders out by this weekend.  I’ll still be answering questions and taking orders next week for deliver ASAP.   

Cheers 

Bill 

Do what you LOVE, Bill.

Life's far to short, and we only get one of them (is the popular belief)  ;) 

congrats.

• Like 2
On 21/11/2020 at 5:34 PM, Bill125812 said:

Thanks everyone for your great comments.  I’m sure I’ll keep busy with cables and a spot of fishing. 😁

Congrats Bill.

I've been out of the work force for 5 years and loving it. (I do a bit of volunteer work walking elderly people with Dementia).

Still using those cables I got off you a couple of years ago. see my Sig.

Enjoy the rest of your life mate. A lot to do✌️

• Like 1
  • Love 1