Amplifier suggestions for my Krix Apex Mk2 speakers

Hi there,

I'm in the process of upgrading my sound system and am looking to get a better amplifiers. I currently own a NAD 7125 (https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/nad/7125.shtml) that drives my Krix Apex MK2 speakers.
They sound good, but I feel like they could sound better. Would you have any thoughts on how to improve the sound of the Krix Apex and what amplifier would be a good match.

- Ideally it would be a second hand amp around $1000.  

- Current amp is NAD 7125 https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/nad/7125.shtml)

- My record player is a Yamaha YP-D6 https://www.vinylengine.com/library/yamaha/yp-d6.shtml

- I listen to anything from: soul and indy pop to folk to trip hop. I tend to listen to more chilled tunes at home and not too much hard rock or hip hop.
- I've attached the speaker specs below.

I'm a bit of a novice to matching amps with speakers and would love to hear from anyone with more experience then me or that owns/is familiar with the Apex Mk2 speaker.

Any thoughts would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Apex MK2 Specification Sheet.pdf

Edited by feinsinn
  • feinsinn changed the title to Amplifier suggestions for my Krix Apex Mk2 speakers
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LucasMaximus
      Hoping someone can help me here. I just sold a set of Krix Phoenix MK1s to my old man (I'm moving). Came back today to help him hook them up and upon testing Billy Joel over them, it was obvious the sound was completely vacant of any high frequency sound (sounded terrible and muddy). Definitely no sound coming from the tweeters on both speakers. Confirmed nothing wrong with the receiver after testing it with another pair of small bookshelf speakers (tweeters worked).

I took the tweeter out and tested it's resistance. They both tested 6 ohms as labelled on the side of tweeter. So I took the crossover out in the back of the speaker and this is where I'm out of my depth...

Just wandering if anyone could suggested what to do from here or if new tweeters are needed, how I'd go about tracking them down.

Cheers!

• By HiFiArk
      Item Condition: Excellent, Perfect Working Order Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Sydney State: NSW Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, EFT/BSB, Paypal Friend Reason for selling: Too many speakers Further information:

For sale here is a very nice set of Krix Acoustix Mk1 stereo stand mount speakers with a perfectly matching Krix Graphix Mk1 centre channel speaker. All three speakers are finished in real wood Atlantic Jarrah veneer. 

Together these three speakers of course serve as a seamlessly matched speaker front end for a surround sound system. Of course , the Krix Acoustix speakers on their own also serve as a very nice pair of speakers for stereo music playback, and received a Highly Commended award by Sound+Image Magazine in 2011. 

This sale is for the set of all three speakers - I'd prefer not to split the sale of the Acoustix stereo pair from the Graphix centre at this stage. 

I have been the first and only owner and purchased them new from the Hi-Fi Trader here in Sydney around Sept 2010. Just as a reference point : RRP for the current Acoustix  Mkiis are $1675 in a real wood veneer, and the current Graphix Mkii is $895.00 in a real wood veneer.

The speakers are all in excellent condition and perfect working order. They have never been driven too hard or into clipping, and have always been kept in a smoke-free and pet-free home.  There may be a few minor cosmetic marks here and there commensurate with age and use , but nothing that you’d notice casually. See the photos attached. 

I've also attached Original Krix Product Sheets (PDFs) for both the Acoustix Mk1 and the Graphix Mk1 speakers which also show their specifications. 

This is a bit of a regretful sale as these are really a nice set of speakers and sound really great and I like them, but I am doing some upgrades and so am consolidating some of my gear to make space in the house, and so I have to let these go. 

Included in this sale are:
      Krix Acoustix Mk1 stereo stand mount speakers Krix Graphix Mk1 centre channel speaker ( perfectly matches the Acoustix ) Original owners Manual Original boxes and packaging  
      I would prefer a local Sydney sale and pickup , however given that I still have the original packaging/boxes I could  ship the speakers at agreed additional shipping cost.  Shipping would be done through Pack and Send. 

Payment by Cash on pickup is easiest and preferred, or I can also accept  bank/BSB, Osko or PayPal as Friends transfer before pickup/shipping. 
      The speakers have always been kept in a smoke-free and pet-free home. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

Acoustix_V1.0_Specifications.pdf Graphix_V1.0_Specifications.pdf
    • By srms
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: NE Victoria State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal + Fee, EFT, Cash Reason for selling: No longer required (Consolidation) Further information: 

I purchased these from another SNA member in June 2014.  They are in good condition and sound quite nice but have been stored in their boxes in the cupboard since later that year.

They have a small defect that the vinyl covering of the plinth at the very bottom of the speaker has lifted slightly.

Originally I picked these up for my GF's unit (that GF is long gone and been upgraded  )

I have just removed these from their boxes and fired them up and to be honest I was stunned at how good they sound (caveat being there are hooked up to electronics that outclass the speakers) 

Complete with original boxes, I can deliver to Wagga  / Albury / Wodonga. or Melbourne (Post payment) but only if I can fit Melbourne in with other deliveries . I can drop them off at TNT in Albury (this week) for shipment to other places. 

The images are from the original owner (link to his add below)

I can take some more images but fair warning, I am a crap photographer! 🙄

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php?/topic/67165-fs-krix-lyrix-gold-speakers-sold/?hl=krix

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By OldMatePete
      G'day 

Just wanted to grab some opinions from your good people,
      Im about to pull the trigger on either a pair of Orpheus Aurora 2s ($450) or Krix Lyrix ($650)

I have a chance to go and listen to the Auroras however I am not sure I will be able to do so for the Lyrix.

Either pair will be powered by a PS Audio Sprout100 and will be on Tidal, Turntable and TV duties,
      The room is 3.9 x 5.5 if that helps and I don't currently have a sub but will likely eventually pick one up.

I understand this is very subjective however I am always a fan of opinions based on experience.

Cheers.
    • By Rolland
      Item Condition: AS NEW Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Bellevue State: Western Australia Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash on Pick up. Reason for selling: No longer required. Changing set up. Further information:
      Selling my amazing 8 month old Krix Tektonix 450 watt rms subwoofer, it's in As new condition, comes with the power cord, manuals and guides as well as the original packaging and grille. This was part of a set-up in my theatre room in which I had two Tektonix subs, however due to changes in the theatre room which I need more space, regretfully one has to go.
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved