Jump to content

Classifieds Changes


Recommended Posts

I just noticed the sub categories have changed. 

 

1. What is a 'Tweak'? I'm confused?

 

2. If I was selling a cable where do I put it since 'Cable' is mentioned twice? 

 

image.png.ba3ac0f57a0019df8be26edf6db09bfc.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

So why the merge of stereo hifi gear with home cinema stuff Marc?  Seemed to work fine before when they were separate categories or am I missing something?(highly possible😜). 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Luc said:

So why the merge of stereo hifi gear with home cinema stuff Marc?  Seemed to work fine before when they were separate categories or am I missing something?(highly possible😜). 

I think it’s an excellent initiative, predictably unappreciated by the curmudgeonly. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, buddyev said:

I think it’s an excellent initiative, predictably unappreciated by the curmudgeonly. 

Stop brownosing you😜

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Luc said:

So why the merge of stereo hifi gear with home cinema stuff Marc?  Seemed to work fine before when they were separate categories or am I missing something?(highly possible😜). 

 

I agree Luc.  This makes it very difficult for anyone into 2-channel only to do a quick scan of 2-channel gear. They now have to try to figure out which amps, speakers etc are 2-channel and which are A/V. Many ads give a brand and model number in the title but don't specifically say what the  actual object is (eg. headphone, headphone amp, A/V amp, stereo amp etc etc), meaning multiple ads need to be opened only to find out that they are not 2-channel related.

 

I used to duck in and check the stereo classifieds regularly when I had a minute but I'll probably abandon that practice as I usually don't have time to be opening up  multiple ads to see whether they are 2-channel related.  

 

Overall I really love the site upgrade (thanks Marc) but not this change. 

  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

Understand not all will agree, but there is logic behind it (so many products crossover, or weren't being listed in the correct place anyway).

In actual fact, now that all the cables, valves, and other accessories are not in the main sub-forum, it should make it quicker to scroll the components for sale.

 

It was a necessary change, that avoided adding even more classifieds sub-forums. In time, you won't even notice the change.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites


On 17/11/2020 at 6:03 PM, Jeddie said:

I just noticed the sub categories have changed. 

 

1. What is a 'Tweak'? I'm confused?

 

2. If I was selling a cable where do I put it since 'Cable' is mentioned twice? 

 

image.png.ba3ac0f57a0019df8be26edf6db09bfc.png

A "tweak" is a small enhancement upgrade to your system, (ie, not a major component) eg. cable raisers, banana plugs, speaker spikes, room treatments, turntable record weight, etc.

 

 

Edited by audiofeline
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/11/2020 at 10:37 AM, Marc said:

Understand not all will agree, but there is logic behind it (so many products crossover, or weren't being listed in the correct place anyway).

In actual fact, now that all the cables, valves, and other accessories are not in the main sub-forum, it should make it quicker to scroll the components for sale.

 

It was a necessary change, that avoided adding even more classifieds sub-forums. In time, you won't even notice the change.

I like it. I was getting annoyed having to troll through all the cable ads to find equipment to look at. And only having to have one forum to sort through instead of two is much easier.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
1 minute ago, Snoopy8 said:

Pricing and state not showing in dark mode but shows in normal mode

Screenshot_20201121-153651_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d42328c0d72215bcf4fe9a1585cc15f7.jpg

 

Screenshot_20201121-153623_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f4fb298384f25d3d0450f4eb8c927d4e.jpg

 

Thanks. Will sort.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...