FS: 1964 Fender Stratocaster all Original

djeffex

Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Keysborough
State: VIC
Payment Method: Eft or cash
Reason for selling: Not required

1964 L-Series Fender Stratocaster in faded 3 Tone Sunburst. 

The colour remains vibrant on the back of the guitar in 3 tones whereas the front has faded in the light to 2 tones of Sunburst.

Transition Logo, Kluson Tuners, Clay Dots, Brazilian Rosewood Board

Internals can be provided to interested and genuine buyers. 

Body: Two Piece Alder
Neck: One Piece Maple
Fretboard: Brazilian Rosewood
Markers: Clay Dots
Weight: 7lbs 8oz
Case: Original Fender Hard Case with Tremolo Bar

68FF03DB-17FA-4681-89A2-EEAA766B603B.jpeg

C625741B-B4C3-4EC3-84E3-B284C0E551F5.jpeg

15D1E536-B2EA-4D84-88AB-6891D11A0F42.jpeg

A92D4C22-5AF4-4BA8-B417-291ABAB3D7FA.jpeg

7BA71B63-DFEC-4BFA-9C3A-EB1B85099FA2.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 9

On 22/11/2020 at 12:30 PM, dan_b said:

So nice... I owned a 73 strat for 20 years or so. Now back with the mate of mine I originally bought it from.  Bet this sounds and plays amazing. GLWTS. 

It is one of the nicest sounding strats I’ve played. I have a 63 that can’t even compare to this. 

On 22/11/2020 at 10:01 AM, Mat-with-one-t said:

Oh man.  A beauty.  

Make sure you advertise it widely, including Reverb and the ‘Bay. Pretty narrow audience here for a collectible such as that!

Good luck mate.  That thing must really chime! 

Mat

Yes mate thank you. Will do.  Need to look into some advertising 

On 22/11/2020 at 11:37 AM, Rosco8 said:

Beautiful .. I would also put it up on Aussie Guitar Gear Heads (AGGH) for sale section, you need to join if you haven't already ?

GLWS ...  

cheers mate. I will join up shortly. Ta 

And of course, it’s really important to provide as much provenance as possible, and every bit of info needed to show originality.  Paint under routed areas, pencilled date on neck end, nail holes in body with no paint in them, unbroken original solder - that sort of thing.  Collectors won’t get interested until all that’s provided.

Have a look at my favourite website for all this stuff - madly cool and interesting....

http://www.guitarhq.com/fender2.html#strat

• Like 1

On 22/11/2020 at 10:01 AM, Mat-with-one-t said:

Oh man.  A beauty.  

Make sure you advertise it widely, including Reverb and the ‘Bay. Pretty narrow audience here for a collectible such as that!

Good luck mate.  That thing must really chime! 

Mat

reverb and dedicated forums are OK but I'll NOT use 'Bay for vintage instruments... apparently there is a massive surcharge.... plenty of disappointed stories if you search... BTW this strato is a real gem...  Glwts 

• Like 1

All - a reminder that if you are commenting to help with the sale of the guitar here on SNA, please do so.

Else restrict your comments that may affect the sale negatively here, or to an SNA buyer that might be here right now.

This is not a discusison thread: it is a For Sale thread in the Classifieds.

thanks

• Like 1

On 24/11/2020 at 8:07 PM, Mat-with-one-t said:

And of course, it’s really important to provide as much provenance as possible, and every bit of info needed to show originality.  Paint under routed areas, pencilled date on neck end, nail holes in body with no paint in them, unbroken original solder - that sort of thing.  Collectors won’t get interested until all that’s provided.

Have a look at my favourite website for all this stuff - madly cool and interesting....

http://www.guitarhq.com/fender2.html#strat

Hey mate. As mentioned I will provide details to serious buyers as in the past I have out pics up of internals and other websites and eBay sellers have used them on their listings. Hence why I haven’t put up the internals etc. Cheers

• Like 2

11 hours ago, djeffex said:

Hey mate. As mentioned I will provide details to serious buyers as in the past I have out pics up of internals and other websites and eBay sellers have used them on their listings. Hence why I haven’t put up the internals etc. Cheers

Very prudent.  Pics are often stolen for fake ads for vintage guitars!  Has happened to me!