SSO (Single-Sign-On) for Asia/UK Site working?

I just tried the SSO (it is actually SSO btw?) with Asia site, it asked me to re-auth using my Stereonet Aus credential. using the cut n paste method from my password vault (verified with notepad)...all seems fine. But the auth part failed, it won't recognise my password under "Link Your Account". In saying this, I did update my password prior to re-signing to the Asia site. Now I must wait 15mins for the lockout period. 

• Administrators

It's not clear to me exactly what the problem you are having is, but I can confirm that AU accounts are successfully being used to link and sign up into both the UK and Asia sites at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/11/2020 at 11:14 AM, Marc said:

It's not clear to me exactly what the problem you are having is, but I can confirm that AU accounts are successfully being used to link and sign up into both the UK and Asia sites at the moment.

Okay, thanks @Marc. It doesn't recognise my password. I have verified my password. Signed into Stereonet  in au site via copy and paste in a private browser session.  But no luck in Asia site.

image.thumb.png.34a478b9cbd519778b4bbde0a1d42be9.png

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, ChupaChups said:

Signed into Stereonet  in au site via copy and paste in a private browser session. 

I'm not sure what you mean by this but it doesn't appear to be a necessary part of our process.

You just need to click on the StereoNET AU account, from the login page at SN Asia (or UK).
Then follow the prompts. 

4 minutes ago, Marc said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this but it doesn't appear to be a necessary part of our process.

You just need to click on the StereoNET AU account, from the login page at SN Asia (or UK).
Then follow the prompts. 

Thanks Marc, I've done that. Same incorrect password. Hence I used the private browsing session, in case of corrupted cache. No go. Sorry I wasn't clear. Here is my steps to replicate:

1. open a new tab in chrome.

2. go to site stereonet.asia

3. Existing user? (top right)

4. Click on "Stereonet AU Account"

5. Continue as "ChupaChups"

5.  Past my password from my password manager

6. Error msg " Name or password incorrect..."

Thanks muchly. 

14 minutes ago, Marc said:

I can see why there is a problem.

You already have an account from 2016 (Sermorebeer) - https://www.stereonet.asia/forums/profile/40576-sermorebeer/

If you log in to that account, from your profile you will then be able to associate the two accounts (here and there).

Cool thanks Marc.