Motherboard Power Input Jack replacement advice

Hi folks,

Can anyone recommend a competent PC/Electronics repair man that could replace a Motherboard Power Input Jack (2.1) version.  Mine has been giving me some grief of late.

I tried A1 computers in Queensberry Street, North Melb but he is closed until further notice.

Regards Cazzesman

7 hours ago, cazzesman said:

Hi folks,

Can anyone recommend a competent PC/Electronics repair man that could replace a Motherboard Power Input Jack (2.1) version.  Mine has been giving me some grief of late.

I tried A1 computers in Queensberry Street, North Melb but he is closed until further notice.

Regards Cazzesman

Is this the 24 pin socket on the motherboard?

Strange, as if you look at the layout on the pdf from Intel the connector indicated as the power connector (Molex* 5566-2) in your pic there seems to be nothing connected to that one. Is it due to it malfunctioning?

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/desktop/dn2800mt/dn2800mt_techprodspec09.pdf

HTB1xCLqHVXXXXXlXVXXq6xXFXXXM.jpg.5f1f90dbf11421bdb448fbf71ea53fe5.jpg

Edited by muon*

33 minutes ago, cazzesman said:

@muon*

I have never had anything plugged into the red circled plug.   Power has only ever come to the unit via the DC jack.

Regards Cazzesman

Ah, the DC jack. I was confused when you were referring to the “2.1”. 

A replacement should be readily obtainable, but the repairer will need to see the motherboard in person to match the part exactly. 

• Like 1

It's "A" in Fig 12, page 46. Corner of back panel. SW corner of photo.

I wouldn't be surprised if the red circled 2-pin socket just doubles the 5.5/2.1 mm socket on the back.

It's probably the easiest one to replace, DIY, only having 2 pins.

• Like 3