King Living Cloud III Seats

• Administrators

Has anyone had any experience with these recliners from King Living? I've thoroughly tested all the main recliner brands from the HT seating mobs, and they all leave me with a sore lower back after a long movie.

https://www.kingliving.com.au/furniture/sofas-modulars-recliners/king-cloud-iii/king-cloudiii-3-seater-800w-smart

We decided to go the more mainstream route and while these are not cheap, they're actually comparable to most of the HT recliner brands right now with a 50% off sale.

We're looking at 3 x 900w recliners in fabric rather than leather (leather gets hots and uncomfortable after a while). We tried them today for all of around 30 mins (any longer we were going to kicked out of the COVID-safe shop I think). They seem to tick a few boxes.

pdp_kingcloud_3seater_grey3.jpg

They also offer consoles between the chairs, but we're not going this route so that if you want, you can lay out across the chairs.

Just hoping to hear from any long term owners?

• Like 1

Marc

I have owned KIng leather lounge before and they are quality.   They are not the type of brand to sag too much, so if you liked what you felt - it probably would not change too much.

We are looking for a new lounge next year, and King will be at the top of our " try out" list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrators

That’s good to hear. The steel (aluminium?) frame is something that no HT seating company offers either. You get what you pay for. 

We have modular King Living sofas in our family room, which doubles up as the stereo and HT room.  They are used everyday for the past 9-10 years.  Can't comment on the recline mechanism, but the steel frame and fabric have withstood the test of time and use.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

They don't appear to have any similar type of product. It must be a modular style reclining sofa.

I've been eyeing off that seating option too - while I can't comment  on their longer term comfort I like the fact that the headrests can remain lowered (so they do not block the sound from the rear speakers).  I did however note that on the display stock in the store I visited the recline mechanism on one seat was broken.  Hopefully this was an aberration and not reflective of quality issues.

• Like 1
  • Administrators

Yeah, in a three seat config, and as you noted with a low back (unusual for cinema style chairs) it's perfect for my dual application purpose.

I have seen some complaints about the mechs failing, but then backed up by good onsite warranty too.

Of all the chairs I've owned and tested, the mech in the King was easily the nicest. The fastest, and smoothest.

One of our complaints now is the slow speed of our chairs. It's really inconvenient waiting for it to lower fully when you need to get up quick to save a speaker from a small child's finger as it approaches a tweeter! 

I think we're sold on these, but we're going to Hoyts Xtremescreen tomorrow night. It's a relatively new cinema with full recliners so I want to compare while they're fresh in my mind, before I commit.

5 hours ago, Marc said:

I think we're sold on these, but we're going to Hoyts Xtremescreen tomorrow night. It's a relatively new cinema with full recliners so I want to compare while they're fresh in my mind, before I commit.

How long was the recline? Did your feet hang over? It’s one of my pet peeves with recliners. I’m only 6 foot tall and it took me ages to find recliners and a 3 seater where the recline was long. We’ve had them for about 10 years now so it’s time for an upgrade. These king ones look great!

• Administrators

That was something we were comparing too. The same day we went to King, we also went to Gainsville, and a couple of others. The range of cinema style recliners is definitely increasing across furniture retailers. I'm a short arse, but in all but the King Cloud III my ankles and feet were dangling off the end. With the King, my ankles were supported enough and more than all the others. But if you're 6ft+ I'm not sure you'll find one long enough to support your feet as well.

Have you been to Gold Class/Xtremescreen etc cinemas? Are any of those long enough for you?

The mechs were all clearly inferior, slow and clunky - compared to the King.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

We had the King Cloud II in our last house and loved them!

Loved them so much we have ordered King Cloud III for our new house.

I found them really comfortable, and the 900 wide seat gives you a lot of room. Were in our last house 2.5 years and felt as good as the did on day 1, and we used the cinema pretty much everyday!

90D5A3A8-D29B-4A3E-8259-ADA863E54535.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Administrators

That's given me a lot of confidence in our purchase, thanks so much. That room looks fantastic, and particularly like the black ceiling. I think I will do that soon.

We ended up ordering them for an early Feb delivery. King had a 50% off sale at the time.

Very nice.  I was tossing up between King and Gainsville, then had a look in person and the first thing I noticed was that the reclining mechanism on the Gainsville was clunky and catching, whereas the King was so smooth.  I'll go a King in January when I decide between two models.

• Administrators

We did the same (not sure if I mentioned it previously). The Gainsville mechs across all their recliners was horrible, and worse than the dedicated HT seats on the market (at the cheaper end). The King mech, by comparison, was fast and super smooth!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got two of the "Casper" couches and bother are excellent. Their fabric is coverings are excellent. 

If you can wait they have sales.

• Administrators

Yeah I waited and got 50% off. Delivery next month.