LG TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Just now, Decky said:

I would say that is a good thing - I mean, what did you expect to see if something is black? Shades of black? 

No not a good thing, id expect to see detail in the black where they should normally be. I run a 4k projector and it shows much better detail in dark scenes

22 hours ago, metal beat said:

Does it look different to what you saw in the showroom?

We are lockdown here in Melbourne so purchased it unseen. Its all good now though im loving it. Amazing TV!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience comparing the 77-inch LG TV's. Specifically, the OLED77CXPTA with the older OLED77C9PTA and the now discontinued OLED77C8PTA. Being locked away, this means we cannot get out, but I've noticed some bargains are out there (I found the discontinued ones for under $4K - pun intended). While P&S Electronics have a carton damaged (only) CX for under $6.3K, and a C9 (with one dead pixel) for $5.2K.

So, is it worth the extra for the CX over the C8 (or C9)?

And has anyone purchased from P&S Electronics and are happy with the result? Like,we've got a couple of things from the E&S store which handles floor stock and damaged cartons and have been very happy with the stuff...but P&S are in NSW!

[edit] Just had a thought, the 77" Sony (A9G?) could also be on the list, but I'm not sure which one of the LG's it's comparable to - does anyone know this?[/edit]

Edited by Cloth Ears

I recently received LG B9 from P&S Electronics. It arrived with carton damage that was tied with package strap, but TV works absolutely fine! However I was unclear with delivery fee, which I don't think was mentioned when placing order for the TV, and they asked me to pay another $170 for shipping fee. I was okay with it as B9 was already cheap enough.

Picture quality wise there isn't significant difference between C8, C9 and CX. The only reason I can think of to get C9/CX over C8 is if you're a gamer. It has better input lag and supports HDMI 2.1 for PS5 & Xbox Series X. In your situation I would rather avoid C9 due to that deal pixel (or ask for cheaper price if possible), and get either C8 or CX.

14 minutes ago, BuzzingBee said:

I recently received LG B9 from P&S Electronics. It arrived with carton damage that was tied with package strap, but TV works absolutely fine! However I was unclear with delivery fee, which I don't think was mentioned when placing order for the TV, and they asked me to pay another $170 for shipping fee. I was okay with it as B9 was already cheap enough.

Picture quality wise there isn't significant difference between C8, C9 and CX. The only reason I can think of to get C9/CX over C8 is if you're a gamer. It has better input lag and supports HDMI 2.1 for PS5 & Xbox Series X. In your situation I would rather avoid C9 due to that deal pixel (or ask for cheaper price if possible), and get either C8 or CX.

Tx. I figured it was something like that (the differences, that is). I think I'll have a look at that $4000 C8 - sounds like a bargain!

• 4 weeks later...

Set up the new Lg Oled 55CX today.    After alot of years with the beloved Panasonic 50" Plasma I just thought to heck with it, I'm treating myself.

The best comment for the day came from my wife when I put on one of her DVD's (Not Bluray) and she came in to have a look.

She said......"Did you buy the 3D version?"    "What" say I, laughing.  "No".    "Well that amazing it's that clear it almost looks 3D now".

I guess that's a good thing ?

Now for the tweaking and adjusting phase.  After the Plasma it does look visually stunning.

Regards Cazzesman

Edited by cazzesman
  • Like 6

Yeah I had the same reaction when I swapped from a really good Panasonic plasma to an LG Oled. The picture quality, the GUI and even the looks and build of the Oleds is amazing.

Anybody sitting on the fence plasma to oled is missing out.

I would love to buy a GX 77”.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ray H said:

Yeah I had the same reaction when I swapped from a really good Panasonic plasma to an LG Oled. The picture quality, the GUI and even the looks and build of the Oleds is amazing.

Anybody sitting on the fence plasma to oled is missing out.

I would love to buy a GX 77”.....

Same old, same old; Shoulda' done it years ago!!!  :-))))))

Watching the Bluray of Devin Townsend Live at Plovdiv was worth purchase price alone.   

Regards Cazzesman

Aside from the quality of the picture, what has blown me away is the Audio quality compared to the old Pana's internal processor.

All my 2ch Audio comes via the Kii'3s and the Oled Vol is set to zero.    I was watching a bluray version of the syfy TV show - The Expanse today.

The richness and depth of the background sounds plus the Spaceship engines kicking in and assorted explosions, even in 2ch, was superbly dynamic. 

Regards Cazzesman

• Like 1