SOLD: FS: PMC MB2 se Bookshelf speakers

SOLD
Item Condition: Mint
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Ivanhoe
State: VIC
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT
Reason for selling: Different direction

Further information

Limited time price reduction.

For sale is a pair of PMC MB2se speakers with PMC stands (both in the same walnut finish).

They are in mint condition and about 15 months old, bought new locally in Australia, and I am the single and only owner to date.

They go 20hz - 20Khz without subs and are relatively easy to drive (90db 1w 1m) but tend to like a bit of power (I’ve experienced benefits up to 1kw @8ohm per speaker).

I have the  original boxes so shipping is an option. Beware they are rather heavy and big - 58kg each! and 17kg each for the stands.

They can be tri-wired, bi-wires or single wired. 

See the PMC website for specifications. https://pmc-speakers.com/products/consumer/se-passive-series/mb2-se

These really are amazing speakers and will make someone very happy. 

Photos

image.png.726598504a848696bc47204ae7fae2f8.png

image.png.72a19426516377bfe224d6ccc252e4cb.png

Edited by aris
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

WAF seems low - despite being uber cool...

Just tested the wife re these and got a big "What is that big boat steering wheel thing in the middle!"

I'm a little shattered...

GLWTS.

9 minutes ago, aris said:

My wife grew to like or at least tolerate them. The kids think they are cyberpunk and generally liked them. 

The wheel thing is a heat sink. 

Yep. 

Aris

Gorgeous looking speaker and stands.... Is this passive speaker? If so, may I ask the purpose of heat sink wheel there?

1 minute ago, Spider27 said:

Gorgeous looking speaker and stands.... Is this passive speaker? If so, may I ask the purpose of heat sink wheel there?

From the manufacturer... 

The MB is the mid-sized model in the SE range and delivers all the emotion and clarity of the IB2 with the ability to resolve even greater bass detail; it can produce low-frequency audio down to a staggering 20Hz with ease. The radically engineered Radial™ bass unit with its immense exo-skeleton offers excellent physical and thermal stability; the cone has a perfect rigid structure, permitting enormous excursions, and the exposed fins act as a heat sink, keeping the coil cool at all times.”

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Spider27 said:

Yes it’s passive, with triamp/triwire capability. There’s also access behind on the back panel to access the crossover should you want to bypass and go active. 

Realistically multi amp would be the way to go for before going active. 

• Like 1

I’ve had a couple of question on this so:

Packaging and boxes are in my shed. I can box up, or you can audition and pick up with or without boxes and packaging. 

I don’t have packaging for the stands, but if shipping is involved I will wrap and pack the stands. 

PMC supports these for 20 years. Meaning they have spare parts should anything go wrong (eg you damage a driver in the future, at least you know that spare parts are available!).

I believe PMC provide a 2 year transferable warranty - but it’s on you to check. 

As essentially a pro speaker, the initial cost is high but the maintainability is modest if something is needed in the future. 

And by mint condition I mean not a scratch or any damage on them. They look and perform as brand new - have not moved from when they were installed. 

Hope the above helps!

Aris

• Like 3

Just an FYI. You really need ***two people*** to move each speaker.

They are a very solid speaker!

Also, I’m including the platters I use on which the spikes can rest so as not to damage floorboards. 

kind regards,

Aris