Item Condition: Int: Excellent Ext: fair/average
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Lindfield
State: NSW
Payment Method: EFT or Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:

Single (One/1) Musical Fidelity 550K Supercharger for sale. This amp was given to me approx six months ago to repay a debt. It had been sitting in a dark corner of a storage container for some years. When it was given to me both speaker connections were broken off and the base plate was showing signs of surface rust. I took about restoring the amplifier with the idea of using it with a passive subwoofer or to run a centre speaker (total overkill but think of the headroom..).

The internals are in pristine condition. The external case of the amp is in fair/average condition. Both speaker connection have been replaced and the base plate has had all rust removed and given a fresh coat of automotive paint. I have tested the amplifier and it sounds better than I have the ability to describe (numerous reviews online and GIYF).

Amplifier specification:

Output: Power 550 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (27dBW), 
 750 Watts per channel into 4 Ohms 
Voltage, RMS 66 Volts 20Hz to 20 kHz 
 Voltage, Peak-to-peak 186 Volts 
 Current peak-to-peak 250 Amps 
 Damping factor 220 
 Output devices 12 
Thermal cut out (internal temp) 70ºC 

Line input: 
THD + noise, 20Hz to 20 kHz < 0.016% 
Signal / noise ratio > 120dB ‘A’-weighted 
Input sensitivity for 550 Watts 2.23V 
 Input impedance 50k Ohms 
Frequency response 20Hz to 30 kHz, +0, -0.2dB 
Speaker input: 
Signal / noise ratio > 115dB ‘A’-weighted 
Input sensitivity for 550 Watts 33V 
 Input impedance 50 Ohms 

Connections: 

Line level inputs: 1 line level RCA connector 
 Speaker inputs: 1 pair 4mm banana plug/binding posts 
Speaker outputs: 1 pair 4mm banana plug/binding posts 
Power requirement: 100 / 115 / 230Volts AC 50 / 60Hz (factory pre-set), 
1000 Watts maximum into 8 Ohms, 53 Watts idle 
Weight: 12.1 kg, 26¾ lbs unit only, unboxed 
 15 kg, 33lbs in shipping carton
Dimensions: 215 mm, 8½ inches diameter 
404mm, 16 inches high including feet 
220mm, 8¾ inches deep (front to back) including terminals

Photos:

20201107_082549.jpg

20201107_082559(0).jpg

20201107_082612.jpg

20201107_082624.jpg

20201107_085808.jpg

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Silver Audiophile
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Central Coast NSW State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup. Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
      Up for sale is a late series Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC. This was Mike Fitzpatrick's from Liquid Audio own personal MF Tri-Vista 21 DAC, which he owned and continuously upgraded, adding over $1000 of improved parts plus countless hours of his own time. I contacted Mike on several occasions and tried to get him to sell it to me. After about a long period of time, he relented and we agreed on a final price (which was far above the price I am offering it today for sale, receipt will be available to interested parties). In the years he owned it, he continued to upgrade this unit.
      This was a very good hybrid tube DAC made by MF, to compliment the ultra high end MF KW system. The mods add further transparency, lower noise floor, larger sound stage, and no hint of digital glare. Liquid Audio has a supply of replacement tubes for peace of mind, however, I believe these tubes almost never fail. 
      This was the DAC I have used in my reference sound system. It has been recently been replaced with a new Italian made Aqua La Scala Mk2 Optologic DAC. The Aqua La Scala costs over $12k. The MF Tri-Vista 21 DAC is a great statement piece for MF and is hard to beat for the money. It's organic sound signature, build quality (13kg), built in the UK, hybrid tube/solid state design, will keep it unique for years to come.

Photos:

• By buddyev
      Item Condition: good cosmetically, fully functional  Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Richmond 3121 State: VIC Payment Method: cash on pick up, EFT Reason for selling: Magtech
      I've just upgraded to a Sanders Magtech so my Elektra has to go. It's in very good condition - no scratches or dents, and it works as it should.  As you can hear from the picture it's an excellent amp with enough power, grip and finesse for most speakers - including the Magnepan 1.7 and B&W 805 D3 I have used it with for several years.  250 wpc into 8ohms, and close to double into 4ohms. It isnt as good as the Magtech, but then what is?   I don't have boxes so this is pick up only.   You can audition if you're a serious buyer.   
    • By Snowej
      Hi guys, I recently purchased (haven’t received) the STAX SR5 +SRD-6.

I’d always heard about the mythical electrostatic earspeakers. They say you can “hear God” through them. I was quite excited when I found a loophole that’d allow me to hear them without dropping thousands of dollars... Just buy STAX that are 46 years old. Research compares them favourably to even Sennheiser HD800s, which are about 10 times as expensive as what I paid for these.

Turns out they require a tremendous amount of power to drive compared to headphones, and unfortunately I only have headphone amps.

I’m looking for the most cost effective solution to get these up and running. Problem is I’m a somewhat audio illiterate, especially when it comes to stereos and double-especially when it comes to electrostatic earspeakers.

As far as I know, I don’t need an electrostatic amp because these come with the transformer which allows me to plug it into a standard amp... right?

What’s my best option? Cost effective is the key here, this was supposed to be cheap after all.

Cheers guys.

• By peppy
      Item: AUDIO GD
      R27
      R28
      D27
      D28

Any of the above All in One models.
      Price Range: Nego
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info: I am based in Sydney . Can cover postage

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).
    • By amisty
      Item Condition: USED Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Cairnlea State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal,(PLUS FEES) EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: DOWNSIZING I am the 2nd owner, bought from this forum couple of years. it has been kept in a smoke, pet-free household. Used with the M51 as a DAC and a preamp. Due to kids and having a housemate moving in with me have no more room and downsizing to a headphone setup.  Comes  with standard kettle cable have original box 
      Best photos i can get at the moment as its still being used as its my only 2 channel setup i have.

Photos: